Expand my Community achievements bar.

Portfolios access question

Level 2
Encountering challenges with Porfolio access. We're finding that worker level users can not be shared into a portfolio, which differs from how I read the access levels table (
2 Replies

Level 2
Oh yes, that is interesting. Something does seem to be amiss there. The documentation does say workers have view access to portfolios. I see what you are saying. I tried to share a portfolio with an individual that I know has a worker license, and the system gives a notice of restricted access. I then tried to share the portfolio with the team that individual is on (everyone on that team has worker licenses) and the system let me share it with the team. With a worker license the portfolio tab isn't available I believe like it is with a planner license. It seems to me that might allow the team member access to the projects in the portfolio, but they would need to have a task assigned to the worker to appear in the workers " Projects I'm on" tab. You could also build a report after sharing to the team and put it on their dashboards in the case where they are not assigned a task within the project. Hope that helps.... -Elan Elan Nardi

Level 2
Great question that I was trying to answer for our team here as well. After a little bit of searching I found out that you need to make sure that the access level for the worker license in the system set up is set up to allow view. If you look at the image below taken from the set-up/access levels area, I have changes 'Portfolios' from No Access to View. This now allows our workers who have been included on portfolios view access. Hope this helps Dave Dave Stanley Consortium