Expand my Community achievements bar.

Logging time in Actual Hour Column

Level 2
I have attached the example. I have an outside developer that I want to be able to track planned vs actual hours. I just want to give her access to the report so that she does not have to go into the projects individually to log the actual hours. Why can I modify the planned hours but I (as an admin) or logged in as the assigned user cannot log time into the actual hours column. Sierra Stayberg TrueBlue
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 3
The answer could be driven by the data supporting the task or issue records having these planned and actual hours. The planned hours are represented by one field, thus accessible to the report. the actual hours are represented by a collection (like a sub-table) that are aggregated and displayed, thus not accessible to the report. Direct entry single fields are editable in reports where collections are not. Potential solution for this common dilemma. Given you desire to grant the user access to a report, I would instead configure a timesheet for the user to summarize the hours in one page across assignments. You could send a user specific report of their timesheets only to get away from all the navigation, except for clicking to open a timesheet. If I recall correctly, a work or plan license on the user is needed for them to perform time capture on tasks. The reviewer license does not allow for edit access to tasks. Thanks for posting your question. Doug Williams