Expand my Community achievements bar.

Portfolio and Companies question

Level 2
We're encountering a curious (to us, anyway) situation regarding using portfolio and the ability to assign companies to projects. Background: we divide our work into various companies (actually just different internal units but it works for us). One of our work groups wants to explore using portfolios, so I got my access upgraded to portfolio manager. SInce that change, I now am only able to select one company (what seems to be our whole unit, rather than any of the subunits which are also set up as companies) for assigning to new projects, when I was able to choose from the 15 or so companies that we have set up. Is there a setting in the portfolio manager area that will allow me to assign a project to any of our companies? thanks! JC Morgan Project Manager Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi: We assign the other companies to a project/portfolio/whatever by selecting SHARING, and then adding the company in from there. Hope that helps. Thanks, Eric

Level 2
thank you and I apologize for the slow response. Our situation is that, when I create a brand new project - before assigning to a portfolio - I now only have 1 company to choose from, rather than the multiple options I had prior to changing my access to "portfolio manager". And, further complication, we aren't placing most projects into portfolios but are just assigning them to companies, so losing the range of company options is a big complication. JC Morgan Project Manager Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign