Expand my Community achievements bar.

Agile Stories- Due Dates

Level 3
I've been playing around with creating Agile iterations and stories on a particular project. Is there a reason why I can't change the due date on the task in the project view? It's defaulting to the planned completion date of the project even when putting the task constraint as fixed date. When I unassign that team to task I can change due date to whatever I'd like so it has to be something associated with it being a story in agile. The project due date is later than the iteration timeline so it's odd that it's taking project due date. Lindsay Carpenter Adecco NA
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7
Hi Lindsay, It's a known behaviour in Workfront that your waterfall project task dates will be overwritten with the iteration date. Workfront prioritizes the iteration date over any manually specified date in a project task list. Recently, Workfront launched Kanban support. This gets around this issue since there are no iterations, but if your team is already working in Scrum, this would obviously require a process shift. "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115006885108-Adjusting-planned-dates-in-an-iteration" Here is an idea in the Idea Exchange you can vote for if you want to work in Scrum but still want the ability to overwrite iteration dates. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 10
If you assign a task to an Agile Team and move that Task to an Iteration WF will set the Due Date to the last day of that Iteration. Is that what you're seeing? If so, it's "by design" but a real sore spot for me. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone

Level 3
It's setting the due date to last day to completion date of project though, not iteration. Project due date is 7.14.18 but iteration due date has a start date of 1.15.18 and due date of 4.30.18. Lindsay Carpenter Adecco NA