Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Planned Hours for Current Week Only?

Level 2

Hello! I am trying to create a report that filters and shows a list of projects and their planned hours for the current week only. I have played around with a task, hour, and project report and I cannot find a way to show just current week or next 7 days hours vs. all hours for the entire project or remaining hours for the entire project.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Chloe,

Not a perfect solution, but an approach you could take is to build a task report and then:

1. Group the tasks by project name
  2. Add a filter rule for tasks that are planned to start this week, or are planned to complete this week . . . or both! (depend on your specific use case) - See below0694X00000Bzr6RQAR.pngNOTE: A filter rule to only include tasks that have no childred should also be used. This will ensure that parent 'summary' tasks are not included in your report. As parent tasks summarise the total hours of their children, you probably wont want these displaying in your report.
  3. In the report column (view) settings, click on the column for planned hours and then choose to summarise this column by SUM (see below)0694X00000Bzr2yQAB.png
  4. Then click save.

You will now see a report that shows the total planned task hours for each project, where the tasks are due to either start or complete in the current week.

There is some nuance with this report in that if a task is due to start in one week and complete in another, the planned hours will show in this weeks report as well as the next, but this should get you closer to what you are trying to achieve.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Hi Chloe,

Particularly (as Rich pointed out) if your tasks do span more than a week, I invite you to consider our Resource Contouring solution (particularly the Capacity Charting and Heatmap sections in the latter part of the video) which lets you visualize and manage resources using rollup Hours by Day, Week, or Month with no “Special Math” required.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Hi @Chloe Washington‚

I agree with @Richard Leek‚ , but I was also trying to collect planned hours with respect to duration in each portfolio. But honestly speaking, could not succeeded yet. Because many fields not available in Task report such as "Portfolio Name" in grouping. Also, when you select task planned completion date this year, we cannot filter hours for tasks which are started a year before and continuing next year too.

0694X00000BzsuwQAB.jpgBut still I am looking such a good solution, may any of in the community can help in this regard. Very much appreciated. We cannot include any add-on solution.

Looking for your expertise in this regard.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 2

Hi Kundan, if I find anything additional as I work on this report I will let you know!