Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Pinning specific prompts on reports

Level 1

Hi all - is there a way to pin specific prompts on reports that apply to you? For example, I'm one of 8 project teams at my agency. I need to view projects under my creative team and my team only. I'd like to explore having a prompt pinned so that it will know to filter down to my team every time I click the report. Not sure if that's possible. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It's not possible to have dynamic prompts, they are set on a report and a user must choose from the prompt options available to filter the results to their needs every time they view the report.

However, have you considered using wildcard filter variables instead? From what you have described this should meet your needs. For example, of you were to add a filter rule of homeTeamID equals $$USER.homeTeamID, the report would dynamically filter to the team of the person viewing that report.

You can read more on wildcard filter variables here

Best Regards,

Rich. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It's not possible to have dynamic prompts, they are set on a report and a user must choose from the prompt options available to filter the results to their needs every time they view the report.

However, have you considered using wildcard filter variables instead? From what you have described this should meet your needs. For example, of you were to add a filter rule of homeTeamID equals $$USER.homeTeamID, the report would dynamically filter to the team of the person viewing that report.

You can read more on wildcard filter variables here

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Community Advisor

trevorarnold, there are different ways to tackle this.  You could make a custom prompt on the report for the 8 project teams, once you select that it would show you info for that team.  The report could be built with a wildcard filter such as $$USER.homeTeamID in which case it would show data based on the users home team...thus it could be used for all 8 teams so when they run the report it only shows data of the team they are on.