Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Percent of Fiscal Year Budget

Level 10

I have a calculation I can't wrap my head around, and I am kinda thinking can't be done as a field calculation (would normally be done via a dedicated report).

We track budgets on a project by fiscal year (separate custom field for each fiscal year). Projects often span multiple fiscal years, thus multiple budget "buckets." We use custom fiscal quarters/years (July 1 - June 30).

Getting the burn against the entire project is easy, and we display that as a "percent of budget used" custom field.

REQUEST:

There is need to show the percent of budget used specific to each fiscal year of the project and display as a project-level field.

Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Ehm, "permission to stop banging your head" Kevin,

The "percent of budget used" is not possible with native reporting, but our Budget Vs Actual solution covers it perfectly, along with your custom quarter and multiple fiscal year requirements, too.

You're welcome to email me at doug.denhoed@atppstore.com so we can chat further.

Regards,

Doug

I do often feel like Workfront is trying to get me to beat my head into the shape of their lion favicon…

We actually do have "percent of budget used" for an entire project (works for us anyway), but breaking it down into fiscal years, quarters, or other smaller periods doesn't seem possible.

Level 10

In that case, Kevin, if you flip the Lion upside down, it is turns into a Yoga Master: very Zen; very calming.

Back to Budget Vs Actuals...yes, I suspect we're describing different approaches: our solution handles % differences at the YYYYMM, YYYYQQ, and/or YYYY.

Regards,

Doug