Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Parent Task Duration is subtracting one of the child duration days.

Level 3

I have a Parent duration of 15 days. If the first child (12 day duration) is complete before the due date we want to change the start date of the second child (3 day duration) to the preceding task completion date so the assignee are not waiting until the original start date of the task to complete it. When we change the second child start date, it changes the constraint to "must start on" and changes the Parent duration to 12 days. We want the Parent duration to stay at 15 days for reporting. Any suggestions? Should I contact customer service?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Kendra, Any time you manually change a date in a schedule you automatically change the constraint. If you want to change the start date of the second task, but keep the duration of the parent the same, I think you would need to reduce the duration of the first task AND increase the duration of the second task.