Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Odd Timesheet Approval Notifications

Level 6

Hi all,

Bit of an odd one here. One of my users received a load of timesheet approval notifications (as per image below) for someone, but I can't see why. They aren't linked by Direct Reporting.

MattWindsor_0-1695890402615.png

A couple of other things that may be relevant...

Timesheets approvers are automatically set to be the owners Line Manager

In this case, the timesheet owner's Line Manger's account is deactivated

The person who received the notifications Access is set to be an administrator of Timesheets (as she's in Finance).

Any suggestions where to go to understand this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you have Fusion? If so, perhaps you have a scenario that after X amount of time automatically approves pending timesheets with an approver that has been deactivated?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 6

Hi, no we don't have Fusion yet. The user isn't actually required to complete timesheets, so for whatever reason, just closed a bunch of historic ones and the notifications came through to this other person. I still can't find the link. It's not a big problem as it's not likely to happen often, but there's clearly some notification gap I'm not seeing that could eventually notify the wrong person of something more delicate.

Thanks

Matt