Expand my Community achievements bar.

Notification Settings - is this a change?

Level 9

I've been researching the notification settings since we had an user issue yesterday. Here's the scenario:

Suzanne posts an update in a project she does not own. She does not 'tag' anyone with the "@" but she does populate the 'notify' box with Gina Smith and one other. Gina is also not the project owner.

Is Gina supposed to get the notification or is she not? Previously, Gina received the email notification in either of those scenarios.

Now, Gina is NOT getting the email notification if she's only in the notify box. So, if she is not tagged in the comment itself with an "@" she's not receiving the email notification of the comment.

Previously - Gina received the email notification when she was tagged AND when she was in the notify box.

Now - Gina receives the email notification ONLY when she is tagged - not when she is only in the notify thread.

FYI - we have all communication settings enabled.

I'm trying to determine if this is a user issue or something changed and we need to notify our users of the impact.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 9

*sigh* After doing some user testing with settings, there is an issue. I am going to contact WF support.

Level 1

This is happening with us as well, but only one person right now, which is very odd.

Level 10

This seems like it's not working. Can you update us on what you find out? This is a big deal if people aren't getting their notifications when you specifically tag someone.

Level 6

@Christina Jarosz‚ Thanks for flagging this. We are seeing the same thing.

Level 9

Thanks. Another aspect of this - when including someone in the 'notify' field they're no longer showing up that you did so.

Same comment ‚Äì my view (as admin) on left‚Ķ.her view (also as admin) on right. Although I’m tagged in the reply ‚Äì its not showing that I was included at all on my screen.

0690z000007Zr8FAAS.png

Level 3

Hello All,

Please open a support case for this issue.

Whether using the @ or the Notify field, Workfront is designed to send a notification to the tagged user in either case and both options are treated the same. When opening the case please provide the following information to help us better troubleshoot this:

• Link to object where user was tagged and the notification did not send
  • Name of the user that was tagged

Thanks

Level 9

Hey @Adam Millet - inactive‚ - I'm on back to back conference calls until after 12 EST, but I'll do so as soon as I can!

Level 10
I just tested this by putting one person in @ and the other in Notify and they both got it. Hello All, Please open a support case for this issue. Whether using the @ or the Notify field, Workfront is designed to send a notification to the tagged user in either case and both options are treated the same. When opening the case please provide the following information to help us better troubleshoot this: - Link to object where user was tagged and the notification did not send - Name of the user that was tagged Thanks [https://one.workfront.com/ncsphoto/-xMfqrb8c5rM2WCfouQo7V_WcAC9l4uE2hCYYtja1MLgLLSmDCAAIo9Ktuy2Ontu?fromEmail=1]<> Adam Millet<> (Workfront, Inc.) Hello All, Please open a support case for this issue. Whether using the @ or the Notify field, Workfront is designed to send a notification to the tagged user in either case and both options are treated the same. When opening the case please provide the following information to help us better troubleshoot this: * Link to object where user was tagged and the notification did not send * Name of the user that was tagged Thanks [View/Answer] or reply to this email Replying to [https://one.workfront.com/ncsphoto/-xMfqrb8c5rM2WCfouQo7VzePIGhoJEN3R90ACp3AoTJeVqdpPl4WhpHERcwETcb?fromEmail=1]<> All Discussions<> — Christina Jarosz<> (Customer) asked a question. Friday, April 3, 2020 6:34 AM<> Notification Settings - is this a change? I've been researching the notification settings since we had an user issue yesterday. Here's the scenario: Suzanne posts an update in a project she does not own. She does not 'tag' anyone with the "@" but she does populate the 'notify' box with Gina Smith and one other. Gina is also not the project owner. Is Gina supposed to get the notification or is she not? Previously, Gina received the email notification in either of those scenarios. Now, Gina is NOT getting the email notification if she's only in the notify box. So, if she is not tagged in the comment itself with an "@" she's not receiving the email notification of the comment. Previously - Gina received the email notification when she was tagged AND when she was in the notify box. Now - Gina receives the email notification ONLY when she is tagged - not when she is only in the notify thread. FYI - we have all communication settings enabled. I'm trying to determine if this is a user issue or something changed and we need to notify our users of the impact. [https://one.workfront.com/ncsphoto/-xMfqrb8c5rM2WCfouQo7V_WcAC9l4uE2hCYYtja1MLgLLSmDCAAIo9Ktuy2Ontu?fromEmail=1]<> Adam Millet<> (Workfront, Inc.) Hello All, Please open a support case for this issue. Whether using the @ or the Notify field, Workfront is designed to send a notification to the tagged user in either case and both options are treated the same. When opening the case please provide the following information to help us better troubleshoot this: * Link to object where user was tagged and the notification did not send * Name of the user that was tagged Thanks Friday, April 3, 2020 8:24 AM<> You're receiving emails when someone "Comments after me." To change or turn off Workfront One email, log in<> as jilla@expeditions.com.experience. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". Workfront - 3301 North Thanksgiving Way #100, Lehi, UT 84043 [Workfront One] Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

Level 9

@Adam Millet - inactive‚ , I opened Case Number 00199384.

It seems that if a user is directly tagged in an update they receive the notifications, however, unless they are also directly tagged in subsequent replies to that thread - they are not notified.

Level 10
I tested a reply to that same test to those 2 people and didn’t tag them in my reply. They both got the notification. @Adam Millet‚ , I opened Case Number 00199384. It seems that if a user is directly tagged in an update they receive the notifications, however, unless they are also directly tagged in subsequent replies to that thread - they are not notified. [https://one.workfront.com/ncsphoto/-xMfqrb8c5rM2WCfouQo7VzePIGhoJEN3R90ACp3AoTJeVqdpPl4WhpHERcwETcb?fromEmail=1]<> Christina Jarosz<> (Customer) @Adam Millet<> (Workfront, Inc.)‚ , I opened Case Number 00199384. It seems that if a user is directly tagged in an update they receive the notifications, however, unless they are also directly tagged in subsequent replies to that thread - they are not notified. [Rectangle: Rounded Corners: View/Answer] or reply to this email Replying to [https://one.workfront.com/ncsphoto/-xMfqrb8c5rM2WCfouQo7VzePIGhoJEN3R90ACp3AoTJeVqdpPl4WhpHERcwETcb?fromEmail=1]<> All Discussions<> ‚Äî Christina Jarosz<> (Customer) asked a question. Friday, April 3, 2020 6:34 AM<> Notification Settings - is this a change? I've been researching the notification settings since we had an user issue yesterday. Here's the scenario: Suzanne posts an update in a project she does not own. She does not 'tag' anyone with the "@" but she does populate the 'notify' box with Gina Smith and one other. Gina is also not the project owner. Is Gina supposed to get the notification or is she not? Previously, Gina received the email notification in either of those scenarios. Now, Gina is NOT getting the email notification if she's only in the notify box. So, if she is not tagged in the comment itself with an "@" she's not receiving the email notification of the comment. Previously - Gina received the email notification when she was tagged AND when she was in the notify box. Now - Gina receives the email notification ONLY when she is tagged - not when she is only in the notify thread. FYI - we have all communication settings enabled. I'm trying to determine if this is a user issue or something changed and we need to notify our users of the impact. [https://one.workfront.com/ncsphoto/-xMfqrb8c5rM2WCfouQo7VzePIGhoJEN3R90ACp3AoTJeVqdpPl4WhpHERcwETcb?fromEmail=1]<> Christina Jarosz<> (Customer) @Adam Millet<> (Workfront, Inc.)‚ , I opened Case Number 00199384. It seems that if a user is directly tagged in an update they receive the notifications, however, unless they are also directly tagged in subsequent replies to that thread - they are not notified. Friday, April 3, 2020 10:31 AM<> You're receiving emails when someone "Comments after me." To change or turn off Workfront One email, log in<> as jilla@expeditions.com.experience. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". Workfront - 3301 North Thanksgiving Way #100, Lehi, UT 84043 [Workfront One] Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

Community Advisor

That seems normal, Christine. There are two email notification settings: one for if I'm tagged in an update, and the other for if "someone comments on a thread I'm in" (aka Work item comment to thread participants). If the latter notification is not on, then they will only get notified when they are tagged.

Level 2

We've run into a similar issue with notifications. We found that, regardless of notification settings, people were not getting notified unless the person replying manually tagged them again in the update. Previously, folks were getting automatically added to the reply string. I put in a ticket to see if there was a solution but for now we're manually tagging all updates.