Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Notification for Deleted Projects

Level 8
Hello! I have been asked if there is a notification for when a project is deleted. I've looked in Setup, on the Help site and in the Community and I'm not seeing anything, but I wanted to check to see if I'm overlooking it. I have found that we can turn off the ability to delete projects at access level and this may be the direction we take, but first I wanted to see if anyone else was aware of a notification. Thanks for your help. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial
3 Replies

Level 8
Hi Wendy, There isn't a notification as far as I know. We've taken away the ability for people to delete projects. We've set up a special queue that comes to the Admins where users can submit requests such as Project deletion, password reset, new user, user deactivation, etc. Hope that's helpful. Mohini Sinha Excelsior College

Level 10
I took away the Plan license ability to delete projects and instead created a project status called Delete (equated it to dead) and then set up a monthly report emailed out to the system admin team to remind one of us to delete all the projects called "delete". It was necessary at the time because we wanted to ensure that no one would accidentally delete a project. On the report, it was always easy to delete the projects that had 0% complete, but sometimes we would want to spotcheck others to see why they were being deleted. Even though we have a recycle bin feature these days, it's likely that we would still go this route. Technically as a system admin you could just check the recycle bin every few weeks to make sure nothing was getting accidentally deleted... but I think most of us would rather be intentional in our deletion process than react to something having been mistakenly deleted. In my use case, PMs mostly delete projects because they create a copy of an existing project and decide they don't want it after all. -skye

Level 8
Thank you both for your input and suggestions. Fortunately, we haven't had a huge issue with this; it typically occurs during training a new person. Mistakes happen and luckily we have the recycle bin now. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial