Expand my Community achievements bar.

Not getting notification with new work request

Level 4
Hi there, I am having troubles with the email notification. I have set my profile to received daily and instant notification for everything. I have received emails when a task was deleted or complete, etc. However, when I assign tasks to myself, I never receive the "New Work Request" email. Is this normal? Or it is assumed that since I assume work to myself, I don't need to be notified? Thank you.
12 Replies

Level 10

0690z000007ZiPlAAK.jpgDo you have the box checked "send work I assign to myself to my working on tab"? Do you have "email me when " get a new work request" checked? attach a screen shot of your settings Benetta Perry APS

Level 4
Hi Benetta, I checked the boxes to "send work I assign to myself to my working on tab" and email me when "I get a new work request". However, it didn't work. I have tried to log out of Workfront and log back in to see if that makes a difference. May be I should only select "Instant" and not both "Daily" and "Instant"? Thoughts? Thanks again!

Level 7
Hi Esther, When you have the box checked to "Send work I assign to myself to my Working On tab", the system assumes you know you're creating a work item for yourself, and does not send an email alerting you that you have one. I hope this information helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 4
Thanks Dustin. If I uncheck the box to "Send work I assign to myself to my Working On tab", would I be getting an "New Work Request" email? I did had this setting unchecked before, however, I still didn't get a notification. Thanks.

Level 10

The system administrator has to go to setup and in the email notifications - that has to be specifically turned on, in order for email notifications to work. I have attached the screen shot. I am our system administrator - so I've enabled (turned it on). Hope this solves your problem. Benetta Perry APS0690z000007ZiPgAAK.jpg

Level 4
Thank you Benetta. I do have the notifications checked as Active for New Work Request. Everyone on the project team has been getting the "New Work Request" email notifications except me, so I am going to let this one go... Just to clarify, I do receive emails when a task was completed. So it's not like I don't receive any notifications. It just strange that I receive some notifications, but not all, even though I checked "instant" notification for everything. Thank you for everyone's input. Much appreciated!

Level 2
We discovered... When we set a project to CURRENT in the initial Convert To Project set up screen, everyone assigned on the template gets a notification. If we hit Save Changes while it's still in Planning, task non-owners (assigned but not the task owner) get left out of the initial notification. I hope that helps. Renee Guengerich SBD

Level 10
No notification or work request being sent out whilst a project s is set to /Planning' status. The notification will go out as soon as the status of a project is change to 'Current'. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 2
Hi, I recently submitted a help ticket since we noticed that some of users were not receiving notification when we shift a project from "Planning" to "Current". We were asked to go ahead and activate an event notification to send a summary to the Project team (reference screenshot). Just curious if others have had this issue per the previous comments. Thanks! Anna Adams Envolve PeopleCare

Level 2
Sorry couldn't get the screenshot to upload. Reference "Information about Projects I'm On" - "Current Project Status Change to Project Team" Anna Adams Envolve PeopleCare

Level 10
I would check the Notification setting under Setup, but also under the profile of the people that didn't get the notification. I've had people somehow discover how to turn off their notifications, then complain to me that their not getting notifications. So that's now the first place I look. But check your global settings under Setup as well and make sure they are what you want. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 2
Hi Vic, Thanks for the response. I definitely checked the notification settings for the individual to confirm they were to receive an email for "I get a new work request" since I agree a lot of time people turn them off. In this case it was on - which why I submitted a ticket to Customer Service Support thinking it was a bug. It turns out, that our staff had made the assumption that the "I get a new work request" trigger in the global settings implied that if a project in "Planning" has assigned users and this is moved to "Current" then it would trigger a "I get a new work request" email notification to those assigned users. This is not the case. We then had to turn on the global notification of "A project I'm on becomes active" to address the fact this was not within the parameters of the "I get a new work request" notification. I'd be curious if other people have made the same assumption. Thanks, Anna Adams Envolve PeopleCare