Expand my Community achievements bar.

Purchase orders for print from WorkFront

Level 3
We are in implementation coming from a File Maker custom solution that was built to hep manage our creative work and allowed purchase order and print specification documents to be created, saved to pdf and emailed to our printers. Looking to do the same in WorkFront and would appreciate any feedback or work solutions the community has come up with.
8 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jim, If you search community here, there are several threads that mention using views to show custom data, including some with "shared columns" (a good search term) to try to format the data in a more presentable manner. If you need something more tailored, I invite you to consider our Magic Reports solution, too. Regards, Doug

Level 5
Hi Jim, Curious- did you come up with a solution regarding print orders? I'm still trying to address this in my shop. Also- how are you leveraging WF to manage the print production process? tks karen Karen Rutz Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development

Level 2
I am also interested in this topic. Thanks! Chris Ann Garbrandt Nationwide Children's Hospital

Level 1
As a Technical Workfront partner, we have designed countless custom reports solutions including purchase orders in Excel. Anyone interested in a demo, ping back. thanks Idriss Bennis - Dream2Design Dream2Design

Level 10
For a different approach, you could look at doing something like we have done using an integration service (Azuqua) and email service (Mandrill-Mailchimp) to email your purchase orders from Workfront: Create custom fields to contain the PO-related data, including recipient email address info. Create a PO Status field which can include an option to indicate it is 'Ready to Send' Azuqua monitors regularly (e.g every 5 mins) for tasks with this 'Ready to Send' status set. When it find a task (or tasks), it will format an HTML email of the purchase order, and submit the data to be emailed out to the recipient via Mandrill. Once successfully sent (or if any error is encountered) the PO Status field is updated by Azuqua to reflect that. You can then review/report on the status of all your Purchase Orders via Workfront reports and dashboards. If you need more detail on how to get going with this, let me know. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 9
We partnered with LeapPoint to build a MS Word based invoice that pulls information from billing records onto the invoice form and then the form gets automatically saved to the project for future reference. LeapPoint also helped us build out the capability to bulk generate the invoices and save them to the projects so that our Finance person did not need to go into each project individually. Happy to discuss this further. SARA ROTHKOPF Marriott International

Level 7
I am also trying to figure this out. I thought this was already integrated into Workfront when we signed up, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Paying for another service to make this happen is not an option for us. Leah Janz Metro Transit

Level 2
Hi Karen, My department manages print production for all of our retail locations. We have developed a custom view that our printers use to view their tasks within a project once they are assigned the work. This pulls information from the project including the print specs, the proofing requirements, and approvals before moving into production. All of the printers that we use have their own WF IDs so the are in WF all the time. If you don't have a core group that you work with, you might have to create the view, export it, and send it out via email. Hope this helps. Stef Slobuski Verizon Wireless