Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Workfront Experience Text Mode and API Tips

Level 10

Hey - just wanted to share some things that we struggled to figure out. :)

The "layout template" in NWE is actually called the UI Template. So for reporting and the API, you will want to use uiTemplateID for filters and uiTemplate:name for views.

If you want to know if someone is in NWE or not, you will want to look at the hasQuicksilver field in your text mode. It is a true/false value. (As someone who was in the alpha testing, so glad Quicksilver isn't lost forever ;) )

API tip: the API can make hasQuicksilver true or false no matter their interface. But to update uiTemplateID, the account has to be in NWE itself. If the account is in Classic, the script will run with no errors, but the field doesn't get updated. It took us way too long to figure that out. HAHAHAHAHA!

Additional Tip: We learned that NWE vs Classic status does not update in Preview when it updates over the weekend. A while we moved everyone over in Preview to test something, and after several weeks, everyone is still in NWE even though we are only at 50% in Production. (It also caused the issue why our code was working in Preview and not Production. Driving us all nuts. HAHAHA)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Thanks for the advanced scouting report, Anthony -- all are good to know!

Regards,

Doug

Level 5

Hi Anthony,

Great tips! Thank you for listing out these learnings and tips from your testing. Glad you found the answer to these albeit probably not as soon as you would have liked! Feel free to contact me if you have questions like these that I can help answer.

For the Preview sync with Production, we have intentionally removed the sync of the user setting for having NWE or Classic to help testing in Preview. I am interested to hear your feedback and others on if this is remaining valuable to your processes. The goal was to prevent you from having to weekly enroll users in NWE in your Preview to continue testing NWE.

Thanks,

Josh