Expand my Community achievements bar.

Images (Documents) Visual Cues to know if Updated

Level 4

Hi all -

We currently import hi-res tif images from Dropbox and then auto generate proofs to create a thumbnail. We aren't using true proofing, just downloading all the image documents attached to a task for post-production work, and then backing them back up to Dropbox directly once complete. I know that on download it will always pull the most recent file even if the thumbnail (generated by the proof) doesn't update.

That said, what is the best way to tell as a visual queue that the images have been worked on? For us, we typically mask outside the live area and on our macs we mark the files RED for server storage. With Dropbox to Workfront, we have no way of knowing what has been worked on, especially as the same link may live in multiple projects (without opening each one). I know we can delete and reupload from Dropbox, generating an updated proof, but there will also be untouched supplemental images in there too so it may be a lot of weeding though on both sides. So, what would you do? Is there a way to flag an image in Dropbox that can carry through to Workfront? Is there a less manual way than versioning? Trying for the most efficient method as there will be a ton of images across projects.

Thank you!!

a

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies