Expand my Community achievements bar.

New System Admin Bootcamp

Level 2
Hi Can anyone fill me in on the cost for the New System Admin Bootcamp? I have a new employee starting soon who will be replacing my current admin. I would like to know the cost for the event without going through the registration process. Any insight on the value of the training would be appreciated as well. Thanks! Chris Chris Garbrandt Nationwide Children's Hospital chris.garbrandt@nationwidechildrens.org
8 Replies

Level 2
oooh - me too! and when the next one is scheduled. The last time l looked, there wasn't one scheduled in the near future. Thank you! Celeste Celeste DiDio PwC FL

Level 4
"http://lp.workfront.com/admin-boot-camp.html">Here is a link that takes you straight to the page with all of the info on the admin boot camps. The price is $1,000 per seat and they also list out the upcoming dates and locations. Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus

Level 5
Hi Chris, I think the boot camp is an invaluable training session. I took it before we even launched Workfront and found it useful in understanding the basics. My EU admin took it after using the tool for a month and was able to get even more out of it than I did. So that would be my only recommendation, go through all of the online training first and then take the boot camp to be able to flush out any questions. We are now trying to get our Japan and China office admins to take the training before we launch it in their region. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 4
Would it be worth if for someone who has been using WF for a year but never took this course? Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services

Level 2
Absolutely worth it, even if you've been in the Admin position for a while. I went back in June, after being in my role for over a year and a half. In my office, not a lot of training or knowledge had been passed down in the 2.5 years the system had been implemented and it was causing a great deal of problems for not only myself but for all of our users. One of my biggest goals was to break free from an excel spreadsheet project tracker that I created because I never understood how to make reports that showed me exactly what I wanted to track. By the time I left, I was able to leave my spreadsheet in the dust, which was a HUGE weight off of my shoulders. Even when there were times during Bootcamp where I thought "Oh, I know how to do this..." they'd show something else that I didn't know and I'd find myself making tweaks and adjustments to our templates for better functionality. I made sure to ask a lot of questions and spent my evening hours playing around with things while the information was fresh. I came back a new admin and have been whipping up reports and running (functional, helpful!) trainings with various departments ever since. We've changed the way we Workfront thanks to Bootcamp and I hope my fellow admins get to go soon to get the full experience as well! Bree C. Main General Nutrition Centers, Inc.

Level 3
My name is Allison Lippert, and I help coordinate the Administrator Boot Camps along with others on the Training team here at Workfront ... Aubrey Hayes, Chris Knittle, and Isaac Etter. A seat at the boot camp is $1,000. You can register online and pay with a credit card on the "http://lp.workfront.com/admin-boot-camp.html" boot camp website . If you're not able to do that, you can talk with your Workfront sales rep and have an invoice issued. We have a few boot camps left in 2018 -- New York at the end of September, Dallas and Boston in October, San Francisco in November, and Workfront HQ in Lehi in December. Registration for the New York boot camp will close at the end of this week (Friday the 14th). Registration for the other boot camps will close either when they reach capacity (about 15 attendees) or about 7 business days before the boot camp begins. Although the boot camp is intended for new system admins, it is required (and helpful) that those attending have a base knowledge and understanding of what Workfront is and how it works. We require that attendees complete Project Manager Fundamentals and Administrator Fundamentals in Workfront Ascent before attending boot camp; any additional courses they can complete is also helpful. If someone comes into boot camp with absolutely no Workfront knowledge, they're going to be a bit lost and not get the full benefit of attending. If you have any additional questions about boot camp (location, dates, times, etc.), you can reach out to the Training team directly at traininginfo@workfront.com Allison Lippert Workfront Training Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 3
Any plans to run a session in the UK? Stephanie Mulrooney Tomorrow People

Community Advisor
@Stephanie Mulrooney It looks like there is one in the UK but it's already sold out. "http://lp.workfront.com/admin-boot-camp.html">Here's the link to all upcoming sessions Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.