Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Share Option on Tasks and Projects

Community Advisor

In the last few weeks, I noticed that sharing for projects and tasks had moved from the drop down to a button. I don't recall seeing this in the release notes and have search around for anything I might have missed.

KellieGardner_0-1683041956831.png

Has anyone has been able to find documentation on the change? I never shared the feature update with my users and will need to do it after the fact so was hoping there would be a release note around it that I could share with my users.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I reached out to support and this was the response:

The update to the share button is a new release by development as a way to increase share usage in workfront. This update was given to ~50% of our customers, while the other ~50% have the original sharing option. We have done it in this way to see if adding visibility to the object sharing area will increase sharing on objects or not. The only change that was made for some of our customers was that instead of clicking the three dots on the top of an object, then pressing 'share', they now can just click 'share'. Since ~50% of our customers still have the original share button, and since no changes were made to the actual functionality, no updates to documentation has been made yet. That being said, if this is made a permanent update due to successful testing, then new and updated documentation will be released. I hope this answers any questions you may have with this, but please let me know if you have any follow-ups!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi @KellieGardner,

I've not seen any official documentation or release timing yet either, but during my travels did confirm (tip of the hat to @RandyRoberts) that it appears to be releasing gradually by cluster.

Regards,

Doug 

Level 10

Not yet seen from our side @KellieGardner .

Waiting for the same.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I reached out to support and this was the response:

The update to the share button is a new release by development as a way to increase share usage in workfront. This update was given to ~50% of our customers, while the other ~50% have the original sharing option. We have done it in this way to see if adding visibility to the object sharing area will increase sharing on objects or not. The only change that was made for some of our customers was that instead of clicking the three dots on the top of an object, then pressing 'share', they now can just click 'share'. Since ~50% of our customers still have the original share button, and since no changes were made to the actual functionality, no updates to documentation has been made yet. That being said, if this is made a permanent update due to successful testing, then new and updated documentation will be released. I hope this answers any questions you may have with this, but please let me know if you have any follow-ups!