Expand my Community achievements bar.

New ProofHQ

Level 3
Hello everyone, Our creative team and myself were poking around in the new ProofHQ format today and I have a few questions that we haven't been able to figure out yet: 1) We don't notice the text commands when marking up the proof...for instance before there was a tool on the far left that we could click, highlight an area, and choose: "insert after", "remove", "replace with", or "delete", etc. We can't seem to find that. 2) What is the grid feature for and how do you get rid of it? There seems to be this constant grid that overlays the designs. 3) I figured out how to change it back to the old way, legacy view, but will there be some point that it will change to the new way permanently? I think that's it for now, we are trying to get familiar with that and the new My Work area. Thank you! Mike Mike Marando Excelsior College
12 Replies

Level 3
I can offer some information on 2 of your questions ... 1) The text commands won't be available if the text on the proof cannot be marked up. The text markup is available only on certain file types. And the tools have a new format. They're all under one dropdown at the top of the window. You can find more info here: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000275214 Allison Lippert Workfront

Level 3
Hi Allison, Thank you so much for your response. That is helpful. I read through some of the links you sent and I noticed that to get the text feature it needs to be PDF, Office, PSD and AI files. I want to say we are always uploading pdf files, but I will double check with the creative team. That text feature we use the most, it prevents from having to type everything in. Having the "delete", "replace after", etc pre-filled saves a lot of time. It would be a bummer if we lost that. But I will continue to research. Sounds like we have some time to experiment with it before it goes live as well. I continue to investigate what that grid feature means and how to turn it off. Thanks again for your help! Mike Mike Marando Excelsior College

Level 10
hi Mike, were you able to discover anything new about the grid lines? We are getting them from time to time and I wonder if it's a rendering issue. (in best case scenarios, gridlines appear as the page is loading and go away after a second. In worst case scenarios, they appear and stay, or they appear along with the little jpg icons that usually indicate an image has to be reloaded) -skye

Level 10
FYI I've submitted a ticket for the gridlines under 1132940 if anyone wants to aggregate under this ticket number -skye

Level 7
Thanks @Allison Lippert for the links, though they do leave me with some questions about proofing features that are listed in the Understanding the differences... page: I can't find any information on what these things mean or how to get them to work: Comment auto-updates Resume Comments Duplicate markups Also,that page says that Document Search (on static proofs) is a feature with both the existing proofing tool and the new one. I found "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004231367-Searching-Workfront-Proof" this page that explains how to use it, as well as "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002519233" this page which shows it has a key command but I have never seen a working document search tool. If this is supposed to exist, we would very much like to get access to it. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 10
hi Barbara, I can screenshare with you this morning if you would like to see our (working) search tool. :) Like you, I was a little surprised about the ability to duplicate markups. From the Understanding Differences page though, it seems to be on the legacy tool and not the new tool. How... sad? (I've never been able to duplicate markups) -skye

Level 7
@Skye Boardman Oh man if Document Search is another Premium Proofing-only tool, I'm going to freak out! We are stuck in old licence-land so we don't have Premium Proofing capabilities... *Edit* to say, we will be getting premium proofing in June, so only a few more months to go! Question, what screen share tool do you use? Our company blocks a lot of them... Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 10
@Mike Marando -- my ticket on grids in Proof is going to get closed out. Looks like they fixed the problem. Are you still seeing yours? -skye

Level 3
@Skye Boardman I do not see the grid lines there now, thank you. Also, after a few days of my post I was talking to my creative team, and they said if you enlarge the file the grid lines go away. Because you see them in everyday pdfs as well sometimes, and enlarging normally resolve that. Also what I just noticed (and I am very happy about) the text tool is available in the new version. The first day it came out it was not, and we were not that pleased because we live by that tool. Maybe some bugs needed to be worked out. That's the "T" icon that gives those commands of: "replace with", "delete", "insert after". That's the one we use most of the time. So if that's here to stay that is great. We are attending the webinar on March 22nd to learn more. Does anyone have an idea when the new version goes live and we can't get to the old one anymore? Thanks! Mike Mike Marando Excelsior College

Level 6
Hi, I'm the Product Manager responsible for the new proofing tool. As @Allison Lippert mentioned in the thread, the new proofing viewer will become the standard later this year (the 18.3 release). There is no obligation to use the new tool at this stage. Both the old and new viewer will remain available to ensure you have adequate time to transition over to the new solution and provide us feedback so that the tool meets the most important needs before the final transition. If you have more feedback don't hesitate to contact me . I'll also attend the Leap so I would be happy to schedule some 1:1 meetings to discuss the future of the new proofing viewer. Thanks, Andrzej Muca Product Manager Workfront

Level 3
Thank you @Andrzej Muca for your input. I am attending the ProofHQ webinar this Thurs 3/22 at 1pm ET. However our whole team cannot attend. Do you know if there will be a recording after I can share with our team? Thanks Mike Mike Marando Excelsior College