Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tips/Tricks/Reminders for New Home?

Level 8

We are working on moving our users over from legacy to new Home and wanted to reach out to the community to see if there are any tips, tricks, reminders that you have found to be helpful for your users with the change. Also, any tips or items to be aware of for setting up the layout template with the admin controls?

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies

Community Advisor

* If you put a widget on someone's layout template (e.g. put My Requests on the layout template), the users will be unable to remove that widget -- so be a bit sparing about what you're putting on for everyone, as it's probably less overwhelming to let them choose for themselves.

* Widget Settings in layout template: all your filters and groupings are available to Home, even if they don't apply. e.g. we have a project filter called "My Direct Reports' projects" -- this filter is available in Home even though it won't show anything. Don't take them off the filter list though, otherwise this takes them off your regular filter list as well.

* You can put custom fields in the View widget settings and then people can add them to their View in Home. I think there's a bug right now in one of the widgets where the custom field doesn't show any information at all and you can't edit the field to add info. (I know it's working in My Projects, so not this widget, but one of the other ones, isn't showing custom data for me)