Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

New Proof functionality: allow downloads/disallow downloads checkbox

Level 10
hi all, I am playing with the "add new proof" functionality in Workfront with Integrated Proof this morning and can't figure one thing out. One of my new Proof Settings is to either allow to (or not allow to) "Download original file". When I uncheck the box (do not allow download of the original file), the following happens: -- the file still shows a download link (which is going to be confusing for the user) -- the download link allows a download of an empty file (which is going to be confusing for the user) -- clicking on the proof details and going to the settings tab shows a file download checkbox, which I am not able to select (this is going to be confusing for the proof owner). This means I can disallow a download for a file, but I can never allow downloads on that file again. When I leave the box checked (allow download), the following happens: -- clicking on the proof details and going to the settings tab shows a file download checkbox, which I am able to de-select (this should now disallow downloads, yes?). However, every time I download the file, it still downloads. -- clicking on the proof details AGAIN and going to the settings tab shows a file download checkbox, which I am not able to select. This means I can disallow a download for a file -- but that didn't work -- and I can never allow downloads on that file again. (so thank goodness it didn't work) Does anyone know--is this what's supposed to happen? I like the idea of not allowing downloads but it is visually confusing when it is not clear whether or not something can be downloaded. And the fact that I cannot change my mind and allow or disallow afterwards, seems a bit confusing and will muddy the waters if the checkbox remains greyed out after I have cleared it the first time, no matter whether a download is available or not. -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 3
Hi Skye, I ran into the "download file" issue last week but am pretty sure it was user error, although the option to turn it off/on at the point of a new proof was not there before (so was not an issue). The user unclicked "download" so no one, not even me as an admin, were able to download ANY of the versions. The helpdesk said this was acting as designed, sigh. All of our users need the ability to download any/all versions so I have it turned on in all of their profiles. Shame there's not a way to enable or disable globally in the Settings. Btw, we are still using PHQ standalone since we've not fully integrated with WF yet, should that make a difference. -Ondina Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 10
hi Ondina, that's kind of scary to hear. Thanks for letting me know that those proof settings are also embedded in someone's profile. Now I'll have to go check mine. However, I still don't understand why the process of not being able to download a version is no reversible. Why can't you just check the download box again? Did your ticket's answer cover that part specifically? -skye

Level 3
Tech support just called me in follow up to my Global post regarding R3 so I asked him about the download button. He said it's a known issue and they are working on it (I don't know the timeline), but at least they're aware of it! Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 2
Thank you for raising this. A fix was released last week. You can now re-enable an option for downloading original file in proof details. Katarzyna Jasiak Workfront