Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

New Home Experience - To Do List

Level 7

With the new home experience, some of my worker licensed users tried to use the 'to-do' widget. It lets them put the widget on the home page but will not let them add an actual item. In the release notes it mentions that some widgets are only available to certain licenses, but I couldn't find documentation to tell me which widgets are available for which license types. Does anyone know or can you point me where to find this information?

Also is it expected behavior to have these to-do items show on the timesheet? We wouldn't want our users to log to self-imposed to-do items. We want them to log to a task, project or even a general hour type.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi, Thanks for your response.  I worked with customer support on this and what we discovered was, what is reflected in yourTo Do List is driven by the filter in the top left of your dashboard. (day, week, or month). If you switch this filter to the Month option, you will see everything you entered that is due in the current month. (not one month out). The issue with that is if it's the 30th of the month and you have a task due on the first of the following month, it won't show up until that day it's due. Nor do we have visibility into everything else that is due at a later date in order to verify we actually remembered to add it to our To Do List.  I put an idea in the Idea Exchange asking if the To Do List widget can display everything we add regardless of the deadline date we assign to it, and without being dictated by the filter currently at the top left of the Home Page. OR to add it's own separate filter so we control how far out we want to see our items.  It just needs some votes!  Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

So you're saying they are missing this button in the widget to add an item?

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1690233181708.png

If you have the To-Dos widget, you should be able to add items there. If they're not seeing that, I'd report to WF. Here is documentation on what Reviewers see with the new Home: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/home/use-home-area/home-for-reviewers...

And here is an overview of the new Home: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/home/new-home/get-started-with-new-ho... 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Hi Madalyn, 

I'm able to add To Do List items but as soon as I click out of the Home page or refresh it, everything disappears.  I've tried re-adding everything several times.  Is this a know bug or am I the only one experiencing this? 

Thanks

Kathy

Community Advisor

I've seen some other comments around difficulties with the To-Dos widget. I'm sure someone has submitted it by now but I recommend submitting your specific experience with it to Support so they're aware of this behavior. And if it is something they're aware of and working on, Support will be able to give you more detail.

Level 4

@Madalyn_Destafney  To follow up on my recent comment.  I just discovered my To Do List items only disappear when a add a date via the calendar icon in the list. I though this date should be the date I need to complete the item.   Is this supposed to be the date we completed it?

Thanks, 
Kathy

Community Advisor

Your to-dos are not tied to any tasks, it's up to you how you want to utilize the date field. I think it's recommended and most helpful if it's the date you want to complete the item by. I'm personally having a hard time even adding a date to mine, but not having a hard time adding to-dos in general without dates, so there are definitely different experiences happening. Also on it disappearing anytime you leave the page, try clicking Enter in-line when you add a to-do so it's 'saving' before you leave it.

Employee

@Madalyn_Destafney @KathyPal .

The To-do's are currently tied to personal tasks.  So they should show up in your fName lName's Tasks Project.  Perhaps knowing that can help you in your troubleshooting effort Kathy.  Also I am able to replicate some of this disappearing act issue you are seeing.  The personal tasks show up in the recent list and they look like they are attached to my Ewan Hruska's Tasks and yet they do not show up in the Task List. Is this your experience Kathy?

Thank you for highlighting this. 

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi, Thanks for your response.  I worked with customer support on this and what we discovered was, what is reflected in yourTo Do List is driven by the filter in the top left of your dashboard. (day, week, or month). If you switch this filter to the Month option, you will see everything you entered that is due in the current month. (not one month out). The issue with that is if it's the 30th of the month and you have a task due on the first of the following month, it won't show up until that day it's due. Nor do we have visibility into everything else that is due at a later date in order to verify we actually remembered to add it to our To Do List.  I put an idea in the Idea Exchange asking if the To Do List widget can display everything we add regardless of the deadline date we assign to it, and without being dictated by the filter currently at the top left of the Home Page. OR to add it's own separate filter so we control how far out we want to see our items.  It just needs some votes!  Hope this helps. 

Level 1

Is there anyway to recover the tasks that have disappeared due to the past due filter? I know the initial comment was talking about the inability to see future tasks, but we are experiencing an issue with being unable to see past tasks because they are past the due date. Any suggestions on how to recover them?

Level 7

Has there been any progress on the disappearing past-due task question? I have that question in my environment as well, there really needs to be a 'Due This Week or Overdue' option in that drop-down at least. 

Level 4

Hi Ewan, My To Do's don't show up anywhere except my to do list if due in the same month. Otherwise nothing has changed, other than my learning if the date passes, it disappears.  Although I'm not familiar with a project that you reference.  Is that something you created and the To Do's flow to? Because that's not my experience.  Hoping folks vote so this can get rectified.  It's a great feature. 

Employee

Madalyn, I just spoke to a customer and their to-dos are becoming tasks that are showing up on dashboards and reports. Is this expected functionlity? 

Community Advisor

Hi, I didn’t think so, but I’m not actively using the new Home yet enough. I know there has been a lot of conversation and confusion around to-dos since it came out so I’m not sure if anything had changed since when it launched.

Level 7

Actually, the users with Worker access can see the widget and add it to their home. However, when they go to add a to do item it says it can't be done to try later.

I will submit something to support for this. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Level 1

Hi, we are currently experiencing this same issue, users with Work License type are not able to add or edit anything in the To-Do widget. Is there any update on this issue?