Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

New Calendar in Workfront Home - how about pre-planned work populating the calendar view?

Level 10
Hi, I watched the video on the new calendar (
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi - I logged this query with Support and, whilst I'm waiting on further confirmation, it sounds like the design for the new Workfront Home Calendar will only show Due Dates in the upper panel, and users will be left to plan out what they will work on and when. This will not support our business operation and is not a suitable/equivalent replacement for the existing My Work Calendar. If this is confirmed to be the case, I'll be joining @Lucas Eric in the march to Workfront head offices with our torches. David Cornwell

Level 4
If we cannot see the entire duration of the tasks (Start to Finish) in the calendar it will be useless to us. We will definitely fail on tasks/issues if we only see the completion date. Please say that the overall duration has been taken into consideration Dave Randall PMP Atlas Copco Tools

Level 10
Torches AND pitchforks. I've seen the movies, crowds with mere torches are ineffective and end up being turned back. What is the saying? Walk softly and carry a big pitchfork? Something like that. Anyway, you get the idea Lucas Eric MPM eric.lucas@crowley.com Crowley Information Technology

Level 10
HI David and Dave, I usually resist commenting on As Designed features within Workfront, but have decided to make an exception in this case of calendars in order to come to my Workffont colleague's aid. The two-part punchline is: what you are asking for - to have Tasks on a calendar span multiple days (even crossing the month boarder, where needed), rather than just showing the planned start or end date - is reasonable, intuitive, and very valuable that said: it's also very complex to code I speak with conviction on this, having developed several solutions in this space over the past three years: first up was our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/ubergantt/">UberGantt PRO: ideal for showing the relative footprint of an unlimited number of filtered Tasks that are a day or more in duration CON: it's not in calendar format next was our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/draggable-calendar/">Draggable Calendar PRO: ideal for showing the relative footprint of a reasonable number of filtered Tasks that are a month or less in duration in calendar format using colorable bars to represent the entire footprint down to the 15 minute increment which when dragged or stretched automatically update the underlying data in Workfront CON: as more Tasks are added quickly becomes confusing to read and ultimately becomes impossible to work with Our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/pdfcalendar/">PDF Calendar PRO: ideal for showing a small number of filtered Tasks in calendar format with small colored tags to denote similarities in a professional and print-worthy fashion CON: for brevity and readability only shows either the start or end date of each Task...stopping precisely at the same bridge-too-far as Workfront's latest As Design As I recall, my reaction to Workfront's latest My Work Calendar was chatting it was a "Quantum Leap improvement" to the Product team (which is still my opinion). In my experience, though, footprints are best viewed in Gantt mode, so - respectfully - I appreciate where Workfront has drawn the line (yep: that pun was intended). Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Hello David, Thank you for the feedback on the new calendar functionality that is coming. The first version of this calendar is geared toward the front line user and the use case of them planning their individual time to work on assigned work with the benefit of pulling in outside calendar events from Outlook to property plan their personal work schedule. We are aware that many organizations rely heavily on resource scheduling and would like the option to have this pre-filled on users calendars. The option to pull in resource scheduling and assigned hours previously scheduled to work on tasks will come in a future version of calendar under a "Team View" use case as we build on what we have initially built for the front line user. Again, thank you for the feedback, Chandler Smoot Product Manager Workfront

Level 10
Thanks for the info Chandler. So, the old My Work screen with its functioning Calendar won't be removed until this new 'Team View' is available on the new Home Calendar, right? We can't move to this new calendar in the interim, as we lose visibility and can't even get the benefit of connecting in our Exchange calendars (that's another topic). Thanks also Doug for the insights. I have no doubt its complex, but with my 'end user' hat on, they were able to do it in the My Work Calendar and the Team Working On Calendar, and it's standard in other calendar apps like Outlook so we can expect it in Workfront :-) Regards, David David Cornwell

Level 10
For anyone else who's interested, I have been advised that pre-planned task duration visibility will be available in the Home Calendar before the My Work Calendar is deprecated....good to hear. David Cornwell