Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Nested Task List by Due Date (2 Week Window)

Level 2

I am trying to come up with a custom field in a project report that pulls the task title, due date, and status out for tasks on projects that are due within the next 2 weeks but not complete yet.

Here is what I tried but I keep on getting no tasks pulled out even though I know tasks exist within the next 2 weeks or are past due:

column.1.displayname=Column
column.1.sharecol=true
column.1.textmode=true
column.1.value=<div style="padding:5px 5px 5px 5px;border-bottom:2px; background:#cccccc; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:11pt;border-radius:0px 0px 0px 0px; box-shadow: 0px 0px #858585;"><b>KEY MILESTONES</b></div><div style="padding:3px 3px 3px 3px; border-bottom:0px; background:#f5f5f5; text-align:left; font-size:10pt; border-radius:0px 0px 0px 0px; box-shadow: 0px 0px #858585;"><b>Incomplete (< 10 days out)</b><br>
column.1.valueformat=HTML
column.2.displayname=Column
column.2.listdelimiter=<p>
column.2.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
column.2.textmode=true
column.2.type=iterate
column.2.valueexpression=IF({plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAYed+10d,IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({duration}=0,IF({percentComplete}<100,(CONCAT("   ◇ ",IF({condition}=0,'<b><font color=03a219>[Green] </font></b>',IF({condition}=1,'<b><font color=e19503>[Yellow] </font></b>',IF({condition}=2,'<b><font color=d30519>[Red] </font></b>',""))),{name}," (Planned: ",{plannedCompletionDate},")"))))))
column.2.valueformat=HTML

Can someone help me fix this to extract tasks not completed within the next 2 weeks?

Thank you!

4 Replies

Level 3

This is a task report that shows tasks due in two weeks.

I group this by Project.

Hope this helps.

Task Report Due In Two Weeks:

Filters

ElliotLeson_1-1665058301721.png

Columns

ElliotLeson_2-1665058339116.png

Level 2

Hello Elliot. Thank you for responding to this. I was looking for more of a list format on the project report view in a column list per project.

Community Advisor

I would suggest starting with a simpler valueexpression and building up from there so you can see where the issue truly is. Start with the expression itself (I don't want to say formatting isn't possible in a valueexpression, but I don't think formatting is possible in a valueexpression).

0) stop sharing the columns, you'll want to see this result by itself for a while.

1) try: if percent complete < 100, display name and planned completion date.

2) if that works, add the "if duration =0" in front of it and see if that works.

3) then add number of children.

4) then add planned completion date < today + 10 days

If you get stuck on even the basic valueexpression, at least you'll be able to post a more specific question. After you have the basic valueexpression working, move on to putting your concats in, one at a time.

If your concats work, you can try the formatting one more time (again, just try adding one color at a time) -- at this time, I think you may have to make a decision about how important the formatting is, as I don't really believe valueexpressions allow for this (always happy to be proven wrong though).

After you get something working, you can put the sharecol back in.

Community Advisor

I agree with Skye that you cannot embed CSS styling within a valueexpression as a cheat to conditionally format items in a collection.

If anyone can demonstrate differently, I'd love to see it. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf