Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

My Tasks & My Projects Widgets - Not Displaying All Assigned Tasks & Projects

Level 2

I have recently noticed that people in my company are not able to see certain tasks & projects they are assigned to on the home page widgets "My Tasks & My Projects."

Has anyone else noticed this problem on there end? I have filtered through all the different options and nothing seems to resolve this. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

In the upper left of the new Home page, where you see the total tasks, do they have it just on Today? You can change to This Week or This Month I think (I don't have it in front of me but I remember at first I thought that area wasn't clickable). The whole home page will populate first off that top area.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hello Madalyn! I actually don't see that option anymore to where I can toggle every widget by due Today, This Week, or This Month. I haven't seen that option in a while now. I attached a screenshot just in case I'm missing something. 

Community Advisor

Interesting. Since you've already checked the filters, I'm guessing it can be only 1 other thing - for people not seeing tasks they should, are they sharing those tasks with others and are NOT the primary assignee? That was a problem in the old Home worklist, that if something is assigned to multiple people, it only shows in the primary assignee's Home work list. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

I thought of that too but not that I'm aware of. I checked all of there tasks to see if anyone was also assigned or had shared there task with someone. 

Level 4

Have there been any updates on this? I am currently experiencing this exact situation with a user and I cannot figure out what I am missing here. 

If I change the user to the project owner, it shows up in My Projects > Projects I own. (In this circumstance, this user would not own this project, but I wanted to experiment).

The second that I put it back to the user who should own this, it no longer shows up in My Projects>Projects I'm on. 

I have the user set up as the "Project Sponsor", they are listed as the Program Manager, Campaign Manager, and also show up in the "People" list. I shared the project with them, and still is not showing up. Mystery! What is happening??? 

Level 2

@MegSault Thank you for posting. I have found that the "Suggested Filters" that Workfront has developed for the homepage do not work the best. 

Instead, I've created my own filters for the different widgets. You can do this in a task report or project report depending on what widget you want to view this filter in. Here is a couple of screenshots I took for example. Once you have created these filters, share them with whoever needs to see them. They will show up as share filters on the home page under that specific widget. 

I'm honestly surprised there is no other documentation on this. If this helped you let me know! 

Task Report ScreenshotTask Report ScreenshotExample of My Own FilterExample of My Own Filter