Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multi level custom url

Level 6

Hi, I need to put a link to a program level custom field on a project report. I can get it to work when the fields are on the same level, but not when going "up" a level. Here is what I have for the same level:

displayname=Task List

link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Project Task List)

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Project Task List}),"", "Task List")

valueformat=

And here is what I've tried for going from project to program level

displayname=Risk Register Link

link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(DE:program:Risk Register Link)

namekeyargkey.1=Risk Register Link

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({program}.{DE:Risk Register Link}),"","Click Here")

valueformat=

I'm almost positive it is a syntex error but I can't seem to find it. This code results in "Click Here" in the box but it's not actually clickable!

Thanks!

Mollie

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Just a FYI I did find a work around for this, although kind of cheating. I created a project level calculated field that is equal to the program level field that I want to display.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Mollie,

If you can’t get the syntax working when the link is up a level, consider bringing it down first, then using the syntax that works from the same level (which is working).

Regards,

Doug

Doug, tricks like these are among the plethora of things I need to memorize when trying to solve reporting problems. Any tips for getting them to stick in my brain? 😋

“Never memorize something that you can look up”

— A. Einstein

You can search or use bookmarks in 0ne, Kevin, but if you’ve not yet started a personal “vault” of tips and tricks, naming the files with meaningful keywords you can later recall and search, and storing them locally for immediate and long term access, I encourage you to start today with this very post, and invest the minor amount of time it takes to develop The Habit.

My Workfront vault is over a decade old, and I’m sure I’ve forgotten more than I know. But I know how to find it.

Regards,

Doug

P.S. and yes, I searched the internet for the wuote so I could get it right

Correct answer by
Level 6

Just a FYI I did find a work around for this, although kind of cheating. I created a project level calculated field that is equal to the program level field that I want to display.

Level 10

Excellent Mollie,

Yes, my suggestion could be considered a cheat, but often on these, the end justifies the means. Glad it helped.

Regards,

Doug

I prefer to think of these as "hacks"‚Ķ 😁 ...and this is a minor one in the grand scheme of Workfront hacks. More like a benign "trick."

I've seen some of atApp's tricks (these are "hacks"...LOL), and shortly after launch I had to put together some doozies (I barely can handle text mode and you want me to do *what*!?!).

You get used to it Mollie. Management here gets cranky about all the work-arounds (vs. out-of-box/built-in), but as an Admin, creative thinking is a tool in the toolbox.

Thank goodness for this community!