Expand my Community achievements bar.

Mismatched figures on report

Level 4

A user has queried a Project report they created. The results shown in the Chart view of the report are higher than those in the Details tab. For example one section of the report shows 26 results in the Chart but only 22 when listed in details. I have rebuilt this report myself but replicate the same figures. Is this a just a display glitch or some sort of error? Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 9

The first place I'd start looking is the configuration of the Chart to see what field(s) you're actually counting to produce the sum figure. Trying to do a count on a specific field rather than a count on the number of records can sometimes get very similar but confusion results. If you can post a screenshot of how the chart is setup, that would help.

Level 4

I have uploaded some screenshots below! I hope this can shed some light! Haha. Still puzzling me.

Community Advisor

Agree with Katherine that it's possible you are using different aggregators (sum, count, average, etc.) in the different areas of the report but hard to know without seeing how you've built the report out.