Expand my Community achievements bar.

Minneapolis vs Minnesota User group?

Level 3
Interesting conversation around the LEAP button had me asking, should this group be "Minneapolis" or "Minnesota". Although I'm sure it would be difficult from those outside the Metro area to attend user group events, it does make me wonder if we might be inadvertently missing folks that may otherwise want to attend or be involved in some way? Thoughts? Connie Connie Sutherland, CPPM BSC
4 Replies

Level 4
Hi! I think it's worth clarifying that it's the whole metro area (the group is just defined as "Minneapolis"). We'd be more than willing to welcome anyone from Minnesota, but I'd bet the majority of WF users in Minnesota are centralized around the metro area. Other user groups are named with the closest metro, or geographic region where many metro areas exist - like Mid-Atlantic. Minnesota feels too broad - but we could think about Twin Cities Metro? Again, hopefully those in Bloomington or Plymouth don't feel disconnected from the group just because of the name :) @Alison Milbury - do other LEAP buttons call out the user group name? Would we need to put any name on the button? Last year's cherry / spoon graphic was enough to identify people as from the Minneaoplis / TC Metro area. I'd be fine with just a button with purple rain! Thanks, Jaimeson Jaimeson Wennerstrum Periscope, Inc.

Level 5
Hello! This is an interesting conversation. As Jaimeson said, most of the User Groups are named based on the main metro city where the events generally take place. We definitely want to be inclusive of the surrounding cities. For example, the User Group in Utah is called the "Greater Salt Lake City" User Group because we have customers that are based in Provo, Lehi, Ogden, etc. The User Group meeting is usually in Salt Lake City though because that is the central location where most customers are located. We could consider changing the name for this group to "Greater Minneapolis User Group" or something like that for the future, but the Leap buttons for this year have been sent to the printer already. Let me know what you think. We are open to suggestions for the future. Thanks, Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Level 6
I would suggest "Greater Twin Cities User Group" just to not elevate one city and not the other. I agree, Minnesota is too broad and doesn't follow convention of the other existing groups. No big deal about the buttons. They look great and will definitely serve their purpose! See you all next week! Matt Marks Banner Engineering Corp.

Level 3
Greater Twin Cities User Group .... that seems good, thoughts from others? Connie Sutherland, CPPM BSC