Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Milestone Data on Task Report

Level 9
Good afternoon Workfront Community! I am in need of your wisdom today... I have a Task report to which I would like to add an icon indicator of whether the milestones on the Project were completed on time or not. The use case is a once monthly move to production of multiple system changes. One of the QC requirements is that lead times for user communication and other tasks are met. We have milestones for each of these steps. Has anyone ever done anything like this? If so, how? Also open to other strategies to achieve the end goal. Appreciate your thoughts and input on this little brain teaser! Thanks, Alison Alison Wells Community Medical Centers
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Alison,

I'd suggest a calculated custom text parameter such as this:

IF(ISBLANK({milestoneID}),"not milestone",IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),"not complete",IF({actualCompletionDate}> {plannedCompletionDate},"late milestone","milestone on time or early")))

And then hook an icon into it on your report (e.g. "late milestone" = sad face, "milestone on time or early" = happy face).

Regards,

Doug

Hello Doug,

I see you provided this reply many moons ago but I have the save use case.  I have a task report ready.  I need more detail on where to add the text above within the report.

Thanks for your time and solution,

Suzy

Level 10

Hi @SuzyF,

The formula I mentioned above would be placed on a calculated custom text parameter (e.g. Milestone Emoji) on a Task custom form and (then) attached to each such Task of interest, so that the report could then refer to it and display the appropriate icon (e.g. happy face, etc.)

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Hi @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore 

I tried to add this in calculated custom field for task custom form as,

IF(ISBLANK{milestoneID},"not milestone",IF(ISBLANK{actualCompletionDate},"not complete"),IF{actualCompletionDate}>{plannedCompletionDate},"late milestone","milestone on time or early")

But shows error as atatched here.
Any idea what is the cause?
Thanks in advance.
BR
Kundan.Custom form.jpg

Hi @Kundanism,

The formula above was from 2017, so I've updated it to be compatible with the latest formula builder, and invite you to copy/paste try again at your convenience.

Regards,

Doug

Level 9
Thanks Doug, I will give that a try. Looks like I may have to switch to a project report too. Alison Wells Community Medical Centers