Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mass Email

Level 8

Hey all,

We're running into a communication snag. There seems to be no way to send out messages to every Workfront user WITH Workfront. This would be particularly helpful when there are system errors that affect everyone. Any ideas that don't involve a manual email?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Samantha Isin‚ As a System Admin, you can utilize the Announcement Center to send in-app messages to all users. By default, when sending a new announcement message, Everyone is pre-populated in the "Send to" field, however, you can adjust that field as needed to include groups, teams, companies or specific individuals.

Unless a user has toggled off the notification for "A message is sent to the Announcement Center," an email will also be sent. The article, View and Send Announcements provides step-by-step instructions on how to do this. If you have any questions, let me know!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Samantha Isin‚ As a System Admin, you can utilize the Announcement Center to send in-app messages to all users. By default, when sending a new announcement message, Everyone is pre-populated in the "Send to" field, however, you can adjust that field as needed to include groups, teams, companies or specific individuals.

Unless a user has toggled off the notification for "A message is sent to the Announcement Center," an email will also be sent. The article, View and Send Announcements provides step-by-step instructions on how to do this. If you have any questions, let me know!

Level 3

Thank you.  was able to create new announcement to all users by following view and send announcements. 

Level 4

Hi,

does anyone have any suggestions/best practices. for sending messages to users via Announcements? I'm of the mindset, if the it has to do with Workfront, then Announcements should be used, especially if the Announcement layout looks extremely different than email from Outlook. However, my director completely disagrees with me. Any suggestions? Looking for some details to back me up. :-)

thanks!

Jennifer

Level 10

To be honest, we decided to start a MS Teams channel and do announcements that way; the users already have too much going on that is work-centered coming from in-app notifications and email. Separating it off made it easier and more spontaneous. We announce everything from changes, new reports, new features on existing reports, problems/outages, etc.