Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Marking tasks done in an Assignment Report? The Percent Complete column isn't editable within an Assignment Report. What's a workaround?

Level 10

The Task Report doesn't filter the right people I need for the report so I made an Assignment Report for one Department Head who is WF-challenged and really hates marking tasks done or assigning people to tasks - these are the only things she has to do. I need ONE report that is interactive where she can mark everything off, no clicking allowed (she loses her place when she clicks through to the task or project, and we are back to square one)

I want this report to

• filter open projects (this is working)
  • filter tasks that are not complete, already assigned to her and her team, plus those that aren't yet assigned but have a role that she's responsible for (this is working)
  • grouped by project (this is working)
  • sorted by Due Date (this is working)
  • columns that she can fill in an assignment - Assigned to: Name and Task: Percent Complete -- these show up but you can't edit them inline

Help!?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jill,

I suspect the reason that the Percent Complete and Assignment are read only is that they both "live" at the Task level, one level up from your Assignment report. Instead, if you wrote a Task level report, both the Assignments column and the Percent Complete would then be inline editable.

If need be, you could then also add an iterate column to pull anything of interest "up" to the row (read only, mind you) from any underlying Assignment(s).

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

That makes sense and I figured that's what's happening, Tasks being a level up from Assignments makes sense.

I tried a Task Report but am having issues getting all the tasks into one view from Projects AND Requests that are assigned either to a specific person or a specific role.

Is there a way to pull tasks assigned to a Team or Group or some way I can combine the roles AND the people into one "thing" that I can filter on in the task report?