Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Managing Workfront....in Workfront

Level 7
Hi all, I'm currently putting together a clean-up and optimization plan in order to make the system more efficient. Much of it has to do with streamlining and cleaning up the system. The instance is about two years old, and there are many complicated things which could be streamlined for easier implementation for other groups. We have the standard Workfront Support Queue, which captures all requests, quantifying all Workfront Work that comes to us. But when it comes to the planning of future work, improvements, and the like, I'm thinking through the best way of organizing, reporting, and scheduling these tasks. It would be lovely to move all request issues into a separate project, but we want to be able to report upon all WF requests hitting us to log work, along with planning new improvements with calendars and Gantt charts. How have other larger instances handled these increased growing pains in such a way which was easily accessible and not overly maddening? Any thoughts = greatly appreciated. Thanks! John O'Sullivan Bristol-Myers Squibb
3 Replies

Level 8
Hi John, One of the things we did was create a project called "Workfront Maintenance". This is an area that captures changes we have made to the system (we've had a couple organizational restructures and had to change the system to match the org.), things we need to think about, future changes we need to make, etc. It's also an area where we can put things we may need to discuss with a Workfront consultant as well as tickets we've submitted and their resolutions. We also have a Maintenance project for each of the units that we've onboarded into the system. In these projects we track our quarterly check in meetings, action items from these meetings, changes we make to the units settings, etc. We have a Workfront Help Queue, which I imagine is similar to your Workfront Support Queue. The requests that are submitted to that queue are converted to tasks which we can track time against. This has also come up with training docs/FAQs to help document and preempt further questions of a similar sort. Mohini Sinha, CSM Project Coordinator Excelsior College

Level 9
In terms of general "cleanup", I generated a few reports that are sent twice monthly so I can follow up with people whose projects or tasks are exceptionally late and are likely no longer valid. I also created a dashboard with some of those same reports so I have them at a glance. As time goes on and I (finally) get more "power" users, I hope to enlist their help in policing some areas that fall under their departments. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Community Advisor
Also for general cleanup, we recently found this Cleanup Dashboard of reports from Workfront. It's been very handy. "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008704374-Workfront-Cleanup-Dashboard">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008704374-Workfront-Cleanup-Dashboard