Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Looking to graph out my resources by role. Has anyone attempted to this?

Level 1

Community,

I am looking for a way to graph my resource capacity by role for a period of time. As a portfolio manager, I would love to graph out my peaks and valleys for different roles in our organization (BA, PM, Dev, etc..) over the coming year. Currently the only way I can do something like this is by using [People --> Planning --> Resource Planner] and attempting to manipulate this data in Excel.

Has anyone done what I am looking for with a report in Workfront. My challenge is that I have not found a way to group roles by planned hours. It appears to me that planned and actual hours can only be gathered at a project level.

I was considering utilizing the API to gather data to do this. Has anyone gone this route to achieve this problem?

I greatly appreciate any help with this and think this will be valuable to provide visibility for all organizations.

Anish Chittalakattu

IT Portfolio Lead

m 773-793-3583

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Anish,

Although Workfront offers a number of grid based ways to look at such information (such as the Workload Balancer), when it comes to graphically representing Tasks on real Projects (vs potential Scenario Planner info), I invite you to consider our Capacity Charts solution, which allows you to configure highly customizable stacked charts to visualize changes in capacity vs planned vs actual project information over various time ranges with the following (minimal) Workfront information in place: Users, Schedules, Roles, Tasks, and (Optional) Personal Time Off.

Regards,

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I was trying not to spend an additional $12,499 a year for this functionality. Does Native Workfront have the ability to export this kind of data to a matrix table? if the data is in simple matrix, I don't mind using excel to make a quick chart.

Thanks,

Anish Chittalakattu

Level 10

No worries Anish,

Not to the same granularity or ease (which is why we built and I mentioned Capacity Charts), but I would encourage you to try exporting what you can from the Workload Balancer in case it meets your requirements.

Good luck, and I am interested to hear how you make out.

Regards,

Doug