Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Anyone using Workfront for media relations (press releases, media pitching, etc.) at a university?

Level 3

We have implemented Workfront for our marketing team and are now bringing our news team colleagues into Workfront. The marketing team has been a chargeback for many years so they are very used to tracking time and we have well-established processes for different deliverables so we were able to rather easily translate that to project templates and processes within Workfront. However, the news team has never tracked time and is struggling with the concept. We are trying to clarify their processes and translate that into project templates. We are also trying to stay as high level as possible re: tasks so they are not overwhelmed with long task lists.

I was hoping there might be another user here who has incorporated news/media relations activities into their Workfront instance. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Tammy!

We had a fellow Workfront customer ask this very question here a few months ago. I'll tag a few of the people who responded to that to see if any of them can share any insight with you.

@Christina Vlachos‚ , @Marc Fletcher‚ @Laurie Swinton‚ @Matt Hynes‚ @Lynda Hanford‚ @Elena Dooley‚ It's been a few months but did you guys share any great tips you can give Tammy on media relations teams in Workfront?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Kyna

Level 2

Hi Tammy,

Sorry for the long time in replaying. We are having issues getting our Media people to use Workfront, still!

I would be happy to meet with anyone else dealing with Media.

Also, I have been meeting the last Thursday of the month at 4 pm Eastern with some other WF admins who work in Corp Comm and Marketing and we are looking expand our group if you are interested.

Thanks,

Christina