Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Looking for suggestions on how to handle data fields for multiple deliverables within one Workfront project.

Level 4

We started using Workfront by putting each piece/deliverable in its own project - each flyer, mailer, brochure etc was a project. We've now made some changes, and are putting the entire campaign in a project. That could be a couple deliverables, up to 10 or 15 in a project. We used to have fields in the project details where we captured the final mail date, final quantity and several other data points per piece. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how you capture data at a piece level within a project. (we're trying to avoid fields like 'quantity piece 1, quantity piece 2 etc because we don't know how many pieces are in the project.)

thanks for any suggestions!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

we represent every piece as a sub object in the system (e.g. a task or a issue) and report on cogent details using that object's data. So in your case, each flyer, mailer or brochure might be its own task or issue and then a deliverables report could be a task or issue report grouped by project, or a project report might call on the collection of task or issue data to report on those details.

the tough part has been providing a count at a project report level, like being able to show a line item of projects with the total number of flyers, mailers and brochures, or the total number of deliverables as a whole.

Anyway I would take a good look at the reports you want to produce from this, and determine how to build the system based on the reporting you'd like to get.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

we represent every piece as a sub object in the system (e.g. a task or a issue) and report on cogent details using that object's data. So in your case, each flyer, mailer or brochure might be its own task or issue and then a deliverables report could be a task or issue report grouped by project, or a project report might call on the collection of task or issue data to report on those details.

the tough part has been providing a count at a project report level, like being able to show a line item of projects with the total number of flyers, mailers and brochures, or the total number of deliverables as a whole.

Anyway I would take a good look at the reports you want to produce from this, and determine how to build the system based on the reporting you'd like to get.