Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Lock Down Ability to Delete Proof Comments?

Level 5

My Compliance team is starting to get into Workfront. The Compliance Analysts need to be able to share proofs + add proofing Workflows BUT for books and records purposes we don't want them to be able to delete comments.

Does anyone have a good suggestion to allow them to have access to do pretty much anything they want with a proof EXCEPT delete comments?

Thanks!

lindsey

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! My first thought was to look in the account settings in the proofing area, you're able to create new proof profiles but it appears you can't get as granular as what you can do WITHIN a proof (you can edit/create/delete a proof but not showing you can't delete comments within a proof, for example).
Madalyn_Destafney_0-1714498879510.png
If this is something you'd want to apply to everyone instance-wide, that's an option in Proof Settings in Setup:

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1714499036355.png

But it sounds like you want this only for certain users. I feel like this is a good Idea to create, to flesh out the proof profile area with the ability to define behaviors within a proof itself that users can/can't do.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! My first thought was to look in the account settings in the proofing area, you're able to create new proof profiles but it appears you can't get as granular as what you can do WITHIN a proof (you can edit/create/delete a proof but not showing you can't delete comments within a proof, for example).
Madalyn_Destafney_0-1714498879510.png
If this is something you'd want to apply to everyone instance-wide, that's an option in Proof Settings in Setup:

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1714499036355.png

But it sounds like you want this only for certain users. I feel like this is a good Idea to create, to flesh out the proof profile area with the ability to define behaviors within a proof itself that users can/can't do.

Level 5

Yeah I think you are right! I have submitted an idea here for this setting to be added to proof profiles if anyone reading this thread in the future wants to upvote: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/add-to-proof-profiles-the-ability-t...

Community Advisor

Voted!

@CynthiaBoon - Idea plug...

Employee

Got it!  Adding an "Ideas" section to the May Hot Topic post, so this is perfect timing.  Thank you!