Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

List all Open Issues in an Issue Report

Level 4

Our status reports are custom forms that go on issues, and then we use an issue report to pull the custom fields. I also have a field on the report that shows a count of all open issues, but I wanted to change this to show a list of all open issues (the names). I have a piece of text mode code that does this on project reports, but I can't get it to work on an issue report. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a link somewhere. Can anyone help?

displayname=Open Issues

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(issues).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),{name}," ")

valueformat=HTML

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ah - I get it now - you were almost there:

displayname=Open Issues

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(project.issues).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Hey Chris,

I think the issue is that you are trying to look at nested issues in an issue report. On an issue report you would just need a column for the name and a filter for incomplete.

Maybe I'm missing something - let me know!

Level 4

I know it seems a little backwards, but it's actually our project status report. I'm using an issue report since that's where the custom form for some free text was created. Every week the PMs create a new issue for each project, attach the custom form, and then populate the data there. I'm trying to combine the custom form data with some of the system data in WF's reporting.

So I'm trying to link back to the project and then use a nested list from there.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ah - I get it now - you were almost there:

displayname=Open Issues

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(project.issues).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueformat=HTML

Level 4

Yes, that did it! I was trying listmethod=nested(project:issues).lists and that didn't work; forgot to try the period. Thanks a ton!