Expand my Community achievements bar.

Link Question

Level 4

We have links to our Workfront Request Queues on our company’s intranet. Unfortunately, when we add a link to a Queue Topic within a Topic Group, the link does not work.

The link we copied in has a comma, but when the link is saved in our Intranet site it changes to “%2c”. Workfront doesn’t recognize this, so it takes you to the overall queue rather than the queue topic that we want.

Link We Copied in:

https://.my.workfront.com/requests/new?projectID=5cf974cc0072565975ac7c65a3b3d987&path=5cf974cc00725...

Link Saved on Intranet:

https://.my.workfront.com/requests/new?projectID=5cf974cc0072565975ac7c65a3b3d987&path=5cf974cc00725...

Does anyone know the secret to fixing this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I am finding that if you select and copy that link and then paste it into your URL field, it works fine. So I kind of wonder if the problem is maybe with your intranet site. In other words, my [chrome] browser recognizes the %2c and changes it back into a comma when I paste it into the url field, but I don't know how your intranet site has encoded that link or if you can maybe change it at the site. Do you have internal tech support that can help with that?

Level 4

Thank you for the quick response. Our issue is we are not asking to cut and paste just click the link and go. The issue we are encountering is we can get back to the Request Queue but the information after the comma is the actual topic and we can't get there. It's strange. I just tried doing the copy and paste in Chrome and no luck just takes me to the top level of the Queue. I think it's Workfront that won't translate the %2c back to a comma when the link is selected outside of WF.

Thank you again for your input.

Dawnmarie

Community Advisor

yep, that is kind of weird. I'm on a PC running chrome, and when I copy and paste a link with the percent-2-c text for a comma, it takes me right to the queue topic even under a topic group.