Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Leap Session Q&A - End-to-End: How to Engineer Efficient Marketing Processes

Level 7

Hello everyone! This is the Q&A thread for my Leap session - End-to-End: How to Engineer Efficient Marketing Processes. This session covers process design, implementation, change management, plus the technical aspects of creating efficient processes in Workfront. I also provide downloadable text mode samples with the presentation.

I hope you found the session engaging and informative. If you have any questions, please post them here so we can discuss. Looking forward to connecting!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Linnie!

THERE IS SO MUCH goodness in the 20 minutes of your session. I kept pausing it and listening again because you packed so much in there. I highly encourage anyone who hasn't watched this to watch it. I honestly think it applies to people outside of marketing too!

Your tips about creating a calculated field library in a project template is so interesting to me! I LOVE that you included the text mode in the links to create SO MANY of the fields needed to track these KPIs. A lot of this is a little (OK, a LOT) over my technical knowledge, but I do have one question...

You have project, task, and issue calculated field text modes to track all of those useful KPIs (the one I'm most interested in is the "Early, Late or On Time Tasks" as it controls for someone receiving the task late but still finishing it within the allotted duration)... to track all of these KPIs, do you create three reports (a project report, task report, and issue report) and pull them all into one dashboard per project to make use of this data? What have you found gives you the most actionable way to view the results of these calculated fields?

Level 7

Thanks Kyna!

I have created quite a few reports/dashboards since we started using the calculated field libraries on our projects, tasks and issues. We are constantly adding new calculated fields as needed; right now our Project calculated field library has about 40 fields that we use to either report on KPIs, or get to around some of the limitations in the Workfront object hierarchy.

I don't usually create a dashboard per project to report on this information. The dashboards are typically larger in scale; for example, our Marketing Operations dashboard aggregates KPIs for key projects originating from our Web, Content Layout, Advertising, and Email request queues. Then, like you described, I'll usually create a minimum of 3 reports to measure KPIs for all projects, tasks and issues related to those request types.

Employee

That makes sense that you would want to not create a bajillion dashboards per project. I like that they all roll up to your marketing operations overall outlook on all KPIs. Do you give most people in your organization the ability to view the dashboard? I'm just wondering from an adoption perspective if you've ever used these dashboards to help people feel more urgency to utilize Workfront because it's being reported on so visibly and so beautifully?!

Level 7

I do think that these reports can help with adoption and with generating interest in creating new Workfront reports. We track all report/dashboard requests through a queue topic, and have doubled interest in this request type since we started emphasizing the importance of reporting (last year).