Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Leap Session: Disney: Delivering Galactic Results with Workfront

Level 2

Our LEAP discussion talked about how Disney Yellow Shoes is utilizing WorkFront and how we're evolving the system with our ever-changing process needs.

You can watch our session

https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2395184/6CA1A42BE8BFC9788B39AFAA52521D8F

I'd love to answer questions on the presentation or our use of workfront.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Megan,

Thanks for being willing to share your journey of Workfront at Disney Yellow Shoes. I really enjoyed your session.

My first question is, as you said "Much to learn my Padawan" ... you said you got a ton of great exposure with Workfront during the Galaxy's Edge project and now you're going back to encourage more adoption among the team to move forward... What are you going to try to do differently to encourage that adoption? Any tips you can share?

Secondly, what feature(s) in particular is your favorite in Workfront that you feel really helps an in-house creative agency like yourself?

I really appreciate you sharing your story and tips!

Tagging the @Creative Agencies‚ group as well because I think everyone there would be interested in this session as well.

Kyna

Level 2

Thanks for the question - and for watching the session.

As we continue to explore how "ROZ" system can work harder for us, we are sharing more tips and tricks with our super users. And improved reporting with Leadership. With more knowledge and greater efficiencies - word of mouth can be a powerful tool. As Leadership becomes more familiar with the tool and understands how easy it is to get information at all levels, we believe they too will engage and encourage use.

We're finding Custom Forms to be a great help in collecting a bounty of information on every project. By using Custom forms universally across projects, the information gathering and the processes streamlining is improving our productivity and reporting capabilities. One location for information. We're not 100% there but we're working on it.

I hope that was helpful!

Employee

So helpful!

The thing I like about your plans for increasing adoption is that you're expanding the knowledge of your super users. Then it's not just you telling the story, they can have a bigger influence when they go and work with their teams and others as well, takes some of the lift off of you.

Custom forms really are so useful. Do you have one custom form you use on all projects to track team KPIs or is it different custom forms for each type of project? I guess I'm wondering if you have channel specific forms things like, park specific forms, or live stream specific forms, or do you do it more about the deliverable that you're creating to support the different channels?

Level 2

Agree - it's similar to a train the trainer model - get people excited and they want to share. Definitely takes some of the heavy lifting off us and the user enthusiasm creates a buzz and others get excited to learn as well. And encourages super users to play around and find their own shortcuts, build their own reports, etc.

We're using Custom Forms for project input universally for every project we work on and have gone so deep as to use the form to help us calculate complexity and deliverable asset counts. That helps production understand the amount of work coming to them, estimate timing as well as budgets. But that's just one way. We're using CFs for asset delivery with our media partners, requesting and tracking of ISCI codes for broadcast, finance requests, asset tracking codes, and we have more in the pipeline we want to develop. I'm a bit obsessed with them - have to admit.