Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Kanban Board notifications

Level 2

Hello - just wanted to check here to see if anyone else experiences an issue with users not receiving notifications on comments left in a kanban card?  It seems strange to me that this is not currently available.    

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Melanie - Is this an "ad-hoc" card or is it tied to a Work item in Workfront? I recently raised an issue with support and found out that ad-hoc cards are not intended to get any notifications at all including that work was assigned to you on one. Seems odd to me. I added it as feedback on the boards area. 

Response from Support:

After checking in with the product team, they confirmed that ad hoc cards are not expected to receive any notifications within the app or with an email. The documentation could state it better, but in this section you can see that no notifications are expected. 

Here is our Use connected cards on boards article to help walk you through how use and make those connections. I will advise you, that if you have any comments on current cards and then make the connection to a project, the comments will not appear. Best practice would be to create a new card, make the connection to the project and then make assignments and comments so that the information is all there. 

Level 2

Thanks Kellie for your help!  I'm pretty sure the users were using connected cards.  I, myself, attached a connected card and made a new comment and the user did not receive a notification. 

Community Advisor

Hi Melanie,

So even with making comments on your connected cards, you're still not getting notifications? 
The article @KellieGardner linked above states you can get notified on comments on connected cards:
"You will receive an email when you are tagged in a comment on a connected card, depending on your email notification settings. For more information, see Modify your own email notifications. At this time, users tagged in comments on ad hoc cards do not receive an email notification." Are you sure you have notifications on in your profile for when you're tagged in a thread/directed update? The email notifications apply to comments in boards, too. The only board-specific notifications, which are set on a Board level, are:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1714501646059.png

So if you have appropriate email notifications on and are not getting notified when tagged in connected card comments, then you should reach out to WF Support.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )