Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Journal Entry Report >> Not Groupable by object owner!?!?!

Level 8

I had a manager ask for how many projects contained a custom field last month by each of his direct reports. The report gathered the data just fine, but I have no way of grouping by the project owner, task owner, or request owner in the standard grouping fields. I'm so surprised that this isn't a standard option and am wondering if...

A) Has anyone encountered this before?

B) Is there a solution that doesn't involve prompts that gather the data one owner at a time?

@Jeremy Flores‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 8

Bonus points if anyone can answer this one >> Filter by Project Owner Manager ID

Right now I have the report filtered by a list of project owners by ID. Is this one of those circumstances where the Manager ID is too far away from the journal entry to report on?

I want to do this:

project:owner:managerID=$$USER.ID

project:owner:managerID_Mod=in

But that broke the report.

Level 10

For filtering, you might be able to use an EXIST filter

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISTS:1:ID=FIELD:projectID

EXISTS:1:owner:managerID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:1:owner:managerID_Mod=in

Level 10

Hi - Yeah, you would need to go another level to get manager:name and that is too far. Now, you can get around this by putting a calculated field on the user custom form for Manager. The calculation is just Manager.Name

I do that for Manager, Home Group and Home Team for times like this where the info is just too for away. ;)

Level 8

I will try that!!! Any thoughts on the grouping?

Level 10

Once you have the custom field on it, you should be able to reference that.

Just change the valuefield for the grouping to "DE:project:owner:Manager Name" (just change Manager Name to the exact name of the calculated field you added to the user)

Level 8

Almost, but not quite what I'm asking. I need to group by the project owner. That was the main question - the one about managers was just a sub-question.

Level 10

OH! That is easy

textmode=true

group.0.displayname=Project Owner

group.0.valuefield=project:owner:name

group.0.valueformat=string

Level 8

You know at 1 AM when that wasn't appearing in my grouping dropdown options that seemed like the most complicated thing in the world.

THANK YOU 🤩

Level 10

No problem! Been there, done that. Last Friday, I spent an hour on something to realize I was missing a comma. LOL!