Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with Calculated field interacting with typeahead fields?

Community Advisor

Friends,

This item has stumped me.  I created a calc field to do a simple sum of if a typeahead field has a project in it or not...a 0 if nothing, a 1 if something in it.  It works correctly when editing the form and choosing something in the typeahead field.  As soon as I save the form the calculated field reverts to 0 (instead of 2 as the image shows) even though the typeahead fields have something in it.  Any thoughts on why this might be occurring?

TypeaheadCalc.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Following up to close this item out.  I found out you can use the parameter in a typeahead field within a calculated expression.  In the issue I outlined above code would look like the below:

SUM(IF(ISBLANK({DE:Integrated Deliverable 1:name}),0,1),IF(ISBLANK({DE:Integrated Deliverable 2:name}),0,1))

A tricky note: the calculation will not show/work properly within the Calculation Editor within the custom form, it will still calc to 0 even if you have something chosen in your custom fields, HOWEVER, on the live form it does calculate properly allowing to use the field in reporting or any other endeavor.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Kurt_Jones,

I modeled the same thing, but noticed that the typeahead parameters are not among those listed in the formula builder, so even though I was able to syntactically get my formula to save, suspect that Workfront calculated expressions might not (yet) support typeaheads.

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1696293755216.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Following up to close this item out.  I found out you can use the parameter in a typeahead field within a calculated expression.  In the issue I outlined above code would look like the below:

SUM(IF(ISBLANK({DE:Integrated Deliverable 1:name}),0,1),IF(ISBLANK({DE:Integrated Deliverable 2:name}),0,1))

A tricky note: the calculation will not show/work properly within the Calculation Editor within the custom form, it will still calc to 0 even if you have something chosen in your custom fields, HOWEVER, on the live form it does calculate properly allowing to use the field in reporting or any other endeavor.

Community Advisor

Attaboy Kurt!

I'd forgotten, but am glad you remembered, that going the extra step to check the :name (or :ID) syntax does then return a value for the calc to work against, as opposed the the typeahead object, which does not. 

Regards,

Doug