Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to change the Topic Group of an issue that was submitted to a request queue?

Level 6

One of our users picked the wrong Topic Group when they submitted their request. Is there any way of changing it so it appears in the correct Topic Group?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Giselle,

The easiest way to change it is in the list of requests. Create a view that includes the column Queue Topic: Name and Parent Topic Group: Name. You'll be able to select the Queue Topic: Name directly from the report builder, but for the Parent Topic Group: Name use the following:

displayname=

linkedname=parentTopicGroup

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=parentTopicGroup

namekeyargkey.1=name

querysort=queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name

textmode=true

valuefield=queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name

valueformat=HTML

0690z0000097mMiAAI.png

In the Queue Topic: Name column, you can in-line edit the field by removing the original Queue Topic and then typing in correct Queue Topic. Once you select the correct Queue Topic, the Parent Topic Group will automatically update.

Let me know if that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Giselle,

The easiest way to change it is in the list of requests. Create a view that includes the column Queue Topic: Name and Parent Topic Group: Name. You'll be able to select the Queue Topic: Name directly from the report builder, but for the Parent Topic Group: Name use the following:

displayname=

linkedname=parentTopicGroup

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=parentTopicGroup

namekeyargkey.1=name

querysort=queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name

textmode=true

valuefield=queueTopic:parentTopicGroup:name

valueformat=HTML

0690z0000097mMiAAI.png

In the Queue Topic: Name column, you can in-line edit the field by removing the original Queue Topic and then typing in correct Queue Topic. Once you select the correct Queue Topic, the Parent Topic Group will automatically update.

Let me know if that helps,

Dan

Level 10

Does this also change the Assignments automatically too?

We have Requests auto-assigned to Teams, not users. Would be great if this method "fixed" the team assignment (which is usually the goal: make it show up in the appropriate Team's dashboard).

Also, how does this handle nested Queue Topic Groups? Our request queue is such that the user selects 2+ levels of choices before getting to a final selection; will all of that structure auto-fix behind the scenes once the Queue Topic is chosen?

Level 6

Hi Kevin. I don't have an answer to your question re: nested queue topic groups, but I can answer that of the assignment... Unfortunately, the workaround did not change the user assignment - I think this is due to the "path" not syncing up with the manual change, rather the path remains the way it was originally submitted.

Level 6

Thank you Dan. That helps a lot!!! The "path" still displays the way it was originally submitted, but I'm ok with that... for now. :) Have a great week!

0690z0000097maBAAQ.png

Level 6

By the way... here is the idea I posted in the exchange a few year ago:

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PS7xAAG/detail?t=1597335782908

Maybe we can get some more comments and votes on there...?...