Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue opening a repeating delivery report.......

Level 6
Hi everyone, I recently setup a report to delivery every monday at 9am to all our department's users - we have 107 currently. Most of our department use Outlook 2010 and when they receive the email from Workfront they try and open it only to receive an error message 'Cannot open this item. Out of memory or system resources...'. I have two questions.... 1. Has anyone else had this issue? 2. What are your thoughts about the way Workfront sends out these emails where ALL the recipients are in the 'TO' field? There doesn't seem to be any way to fix the issue (other than installing office 2013!) and Workfront said in the ticket I raised that they aren't able to modify the way these emails are sent. We're stuck.... any thoughts?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

17 Replies

Level 10
Hi: No, haven’t had that issue. The emails I get only have me in the To: line. The email does, however, list every recipient at the bottom. [cid:image001.jpg@01D2037E.922FBB50] Do your email notifications look different? Thanks, Eric

Level 6
Hi Eric I’ve attached some screenshots of what is presented to me in both outlook 2013 and 2010. Thanks ☺ Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D203AA.46519100]

Level 10
Hmmm, never seen that error message. You get the same notification message that I get. I’d open a ticket with Tech Support… Thanks, Eric

Level 6
Eric Do you have outlook 2010? That's where we see the error. I've tried opening a ticket with wf but they say they can't help Sent from Laura's iPhone 6 On 31 Aug 2016, at 17:16, Lucas, Eric wrote: Hmmm, never seen that error message. You get the same notification message that I get. I’d open a ticket with Tech Support… Thanks, Eric -----End Original Message----- This message from Bakkavor Group Ltd and/or any of affiliated business (collectively, Bakkavor Group) is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete the message. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author. Bakkavor Group may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails for security and regulatory purposes. "Bakkavor" is a trading name of the Bakkavor Group. Bakkavor Group Limited is registered in England No. 06215286 with its registered office at Fitzroy Place, 5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ.

Level 10
I started with outlook 2007, then went to 2010, and am now at 2013. They can't help? Seriously? They've never seen the error? Are you willing to send the email to me? I can see if I can open the attachment. I'll sign a NDA. Eric

Level 6
Hi Eric Nope. They say they won't help because they believe it's a Microsoft issue. I've tried to get them to help for the last 3 weeks and have given them a lot of push back but they're not budging. Totally happy to send you the email. It's ok if I send it to a small group of people and no doubt there's a magic number but 107 users doesn't work. You can open it it everything including phones and webmail but just not 2010. So I'm not sure how to send it to you unless I add you as a user? Lmk and I'll sort it. Happy to have you help :) Sent from Laura's iPhone 6 On 31 Aug 2016, at 18:35, Lucas, Eric wrote: I started with outlook 2007, then went to 2010, and am now at 2013. They can’t help? Seriously? They’ve never seen the error? Are you willing to send the email to me? I can see if I can open the attachment. I’ll sign a NDA. Eric -----End Original Message----- This message from Bakkavor Group Ltd and/or any of affiliated business (collectively, Bakkavor Group) is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete the message. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author. Bakkavor Group may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails for security and regulatory purposes. "Bakkavor" is a trading name of the Bakkavor Group. Bakkavor Group Limited is registered in England No. 06215286 with its registered office at Fitzroy Place, 5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ.

Level 6
Oh and if you forward the problem email back to yourself then it opens no problem! Sent from Laura's iPhone 6 On 31 Aug 2016, at 18:35, Lucas, Eric wrote: I started with outlook 2007, then went to 2010, and am now at 2013. They can’t help? Seriously? They’ve never seen the error? Are you willing to send the email to me? I can see if I can open the attachment. I’ll sign a NDA. Eric -----End Original Message----- This message from Bakkavor Group Ltd and/or any of affiliated business (collectively, Bakkavor Group) is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete the message. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author. Bakkavor Group may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails for security and regulatory purposes. "Bakkavor" is a trading name of the Bakkavor Group. Bakkavor Group Limited is registered in England No. 06215286 with its registered office at Fitzroy Place, 5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ.

Level 10
You can forward the email with attachment to me. Eric.lucas@crowley.com< Eric

Level 7
Laura, Is it because of all the people it's sending it to that is causing the error? Have you tried setting up 2 (or more) batch emails, putting half (or less) in one batch, and the rest in another?

Level 10
{{Greg}} I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing unusual about the size of the PDF file. The only curious thing about the notification is the size of the distribution list. I think Laura said there is a limit to the number of people she can distribute it to. I tried creating a team and a group and then sending a notification to that team / group, hoping that it didn’t have the same size distribution list, but alas, it did. Scratch that idea. It would be interesting to see what happens if she divided the report distribution into, say, three occurrences. I wonder if Outlook 2010 would choke on those notifications. Eric

Level 6
Yes. There is a magic number where it opens no problem but I don't know what that number is and I guess I feel that I should be able to send to everyone. I start d to separate out the repeat deliveries by team but then wf stopped me at 10! I have about 5 different reports I want to send out each week so that won't work either. Sent from Laura's iPhone 6 On 1 Sep 2016, at 13:29, Greg Beck wrote: Laura, Is it because of all the people it's sending it to that is causing the error? Have you tried setting up 2 (or more) batch emails, putting half (or less) in one batch, and the rest in another? -----End Original Message----- This message from Bakkavor Group Ltd and/or any of affiliated business (collectively, Bakkavor Group) is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete the message. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author. Bakkavor Group may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails for security and regulatory purposes. "Bakkavor" is a trading name of the Bakkavor Group. Bakkavor Group Limited is registered in England No. 06215286 with its registered office at Fitzroy Place, 5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ.

Level 6
Hi Eric Yes as you see in my previous post I figured I'd resort to that but It feels really messy that way and I'm holding out for a better solution. I will talk with support tomorrow about your suggestion though in the hope they can come at it from a different angle. Thanks :) Sent from Laura's iPhone 6 On 1 Sep 2016, at 13:58, Lucas, Eric wrote: {{Greg}} I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing unusual about the size of the PDF file. The only curious thing about the notification is the size of the distribution list. I think Laura said there is a limit to the number of people she can distribute it to. I tried creating a team and a group and then sending a notification to that team / group, hoping that it didn’t have the same size distribution list, but alas, it did. Scratch that idea. It would be interesting to see what happens if she divided the report distribution into, say, three occurrences. I wonder if Outlook 2010 would choke on those notifications. Eric -----End Original Message----- This message from Bakkavor Group Ltd and/or any of affiliated business (collectively, Bakkavor Group) is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete the message. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author. Bakkavor Group may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails for security and regulatory purposes. "Bakkavor" is a trading name of the Bakkavor Group. Bakkavor Group Limited is registered in England No. 06215286 with its registered office at Fitzroy Place, 5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ.

Level 2
We had the same issue. We split the delivery out to about 50 to 75 recipients for it to work. Not very elegant.

Level 6
Hi Brady Do you know that’s the magic number - 75? Would save me some time figuring it out! Thanks ☺ Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D20522.FD3AECD0]

Level 2
Yeah, that's the funny thing. I have one report that we put the 51st person on and it will error. The other we put the 77th person on and we will get the error. Then another report that's generated, we have 132 people on it and it's just fine so far. I wish I could share our Witchcraft and Wizardy on this one.

Level 6
Oh great! That’s not good. So I see why you put the range of 50-75 now lol! Oh my! Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D20526.663D5F80]

Level 10
Hi Brady, and Laura. The restriction might be on the size of the data base field storing the list (eg 2000 Characters). Regards, Doug