Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue Approval Workflows

Community Advisor

We have a process that requires a certain team to approve issues on a project. I have the workflow set up to route to that team upon entering.

The problem we've recently run into is that a user who is a member of that approval team submitted an issue and then also approved it. 

We want to make it so that if the person submitting the issue is on the approval team, it won't allow them to approve it. Any suggestions out there on how to accomplish this scenario?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I can get that. I'm not seeing a native option for this in an issue approval setup, may be a good Idea for you to post for people to upvote!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

If this is an isolated issue, it could be just some education needed for those few offenders...I can't think of something off the top of my head to solve this, but I also don't like changing a process that works for the majority to cater to a minority case. Food for thought!

Community Advisor

This is coming from our Audit team. They'd like us to limit the ability for human error when it comes to approvals. As they see it, someone submitting and issue to the project shouldn't have the option to approve it. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I can get that. I'm not seeing a native option for this in an issue approval setup, may be a good Idea for you to post for people to upvote!

Community Advisor

Correct, no native way to do it. Just wondering if others experience and how they get around it.