Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is this report even possible

Community Advisor

Ideally I'd like a task report that pulls in the planned hours and actuals hours for a specific role or user when there are multiple roles/users assigned to the same task.

I've tried an Assignments report - that gives me the planned hours for just a single assignee on the task when there are multiple assignees, but only gives me actual hours for the whole task.

I've tried an Hours report grouped by task - that gives me the actual hours for just the single assignee, but only gives me the planned hours for the whole task.

I'm guessing this is something I need to bring up next time I talk to the New Reporting team, but still hopeful that someone here has something we haven't thought of.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Heather,

Give this a try...

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({assignedToID}),CONCAT({role}.{name}," - ",{actualWorkCompleted}/60,' / ',{workRequired}/60," Hours"),CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," - ",{actualWorkCompleted}/60,' / ',{workRequired}/60," Hours"))

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(assignments).lists

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Assignment Breakdown

textmode=true

type=iterate

I have this in a column on a Task report and it pulls the User and Job Role assigned, their individual allocation of time on the task and the actual / planned hours.

0694X00000CIWTmQAP.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Heather,

Give this a try...

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({assignedToID}),CONCAT({role}.{name}," - ",{actualWorkCompleted}/60,' / ',{workRequired}/60," Hours"),CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," - ",{actualWorkCompleted}/60,' / ',{workRequired}/60," Hours"))

listdelimiter=<br>

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Assignment Breakdown

textmode=true

type=iterate

I have this in a column on a Task report and it pulls the User and Job Role assigned, their individual allocation of time on the task and the actual / planned hours.

0694X00000CIWTmQAP.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

Community Advisor

Thank you! This was helpful.

Once I added this column into a task report, I was asked if we could get the planned/actuals for a particular user instead of all users on the task. But with this as the base, a little tweaking got us exactly what we needed.

Level 4

Hi @Heather Kulbacki‚ ,

I'm trying to make this work in a calculated column to show the assignment planned hours for the particular user, filtered with the $$USER.ID wildcard.

Could you specify what little tweaking you did to make this info user-specific instead of all users on the task?

Hopefully, that will help me finalize my calculation.

But maybe it's not even possible what I want 😏 .

Kind regards,

Femke

Community Advisor

Hi Femke,

This is what I ended up using for my calculated column:

displayname=Hours: Planned/Actual

listdelimiter=<br>

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("User's first or last name",{assignedTo}.{name}),CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name},": ",{workRequired}/60,' / ',{actualWorkCompleted}/60," Hours"))

valueformat=HTML

I also used a report filer of: Assignment Users >> ID = Same User's Name

Example of the output

0694X00000HCpMEQA1.jpg

Hope that helps

Level 4

Thanks for your answer, Heather. I understand now that you already have a personalized report (filtered for a specific user).

I was hoping to get the same results in a column using a USER-wildcard in the filter, but I understand that this is not possible (yet).

Thanks anyway for taking your time to reply!