Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there anyone here using agile in a Creative workflow?

Level 3

I am a Project Manager managing Creative resources/projects within a Marketing org. We are looking at aligning Marketing to our companies Product lifecycle and they are agile. I am trying to wrap my head around how this works for creative. I know it happens, I know it can work it's just so foreign to me right now I need more than what I am finding here in WF One. I would love it if there was someone who would be willing to let me bounce some questions off you on how you are working with agile in a creative world. Maybe even peak at how it is working within your instance.

I am in Chicago, so if someone is in Chicago doing this I can promise to buy you dinner whenever things open up more. Or, at the very least, wherever you live, you will have a WF partner for life in me. I am happy to share any and all of my WF knowledge or anything back to you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2

Following - I'd love to hear about this as well if you don't mind.

Level 3

We are exploring opportunities to define some agile teams in our org as well. Our need is driven by shared work where team members pickup work started by others - managing marketing lists for example. The whole team gets the assignment, and whoever clicks work on it first moves it from the backlog onto the board. From there, other team members can "pick it up" and continue work / log time to the task.

Agile is one of those areas where you need to map and test the process and user experience first and get it as clearly defined as possible. The relationship between the project task and team assignment seems to be key. Once that is defined then train train train the end users so they become comfortable with the concept, and project/task reporting aligns with how the team manages their board. We are just getting started, but these seem to be key ingredients for success. We'd love to hear more ideas and practices out there!

Level 2

I would love to know what you find out @Andrea DiMauro-Walton‚. I'm on the same time zone as you. We identify as a MarTech Agile team in Workfront and today we went from the Kanban team to Scrum team to try it out. Some bumps in the road for sure that we're working through.

I had talked to Workfront reps about integrating the Analytics out-of-the-box dashboards with Agile teams (currently you can't have both). They recommended seeing how other marketing teams are using Agile on Workfront. It seems like we're a different industry using Agile and Workfront's trying to catch up on best practices and flexibility there.

Employee

Hey all,

I mentioned this to Andrea but in case you all didn't know, we have a new Agile specific group here talking about this very thing - and it's being heavily followed by our Agile product managers, so you might want to pop in there and share your ideas or questions in there as well.

For visibility:

@Kathy Gallagher‚ @Kurt Osterbusch‚ @Becky Daniel‚ @Agile Conversation‚

@Melissa Pickering‚

Level 2

@Andrea DiMauro-Walton‚ I'm happy to bounce ideas if you like sometime. I'm not sure how to DM someone here, but you can find me on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/in/becky-daniel/