Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to tag projects? So any user could quickly pull up all projects associated with a larger campaign?

Level 2

Our hierarchy essentially has each deliverable setup as a project within WF (e.g, an email is a project, a sign is a project, a landing page is a project)

Outside of Workfront we have overarching campaigns that feed into the individual projects. Generic examples of campaigns:

• Halloween
  • Special Weekend Offer
  • BoGo
  • Etc.

These all feed into the individual projects, so something that might happen is one email (project) may be talking about Halloween and Special Weekend Offer at the same time. Both “campaigns” find their way into that project.

Use case:

“Special weekend offer” campaign was once approved, projects are underway. An update comes through changing details in Special Weekend offer. Within a few clicks I can summon “show me all of the projects associated with “special weekend offer." This would also be incredibly useful for that campaign owner to have a report showing them the status of each project associated with their campaign.

What I am trying to solve for is a way to “tag” the projects in WF, within the custom forms, so when a project is requested we can ask the requestor to indicate which campaign(s) their project is relating back to.

Why I can’t put these into programs:

1. Too manual when setting up the jobs. I want the job requestors indicating this
  2. One of our projects could theoretically tie into 5 different campaigns, and you can’t have a project be in multiple programs
10 Replies

Level 2

Hi, have you considered including a field in the custom form that the requestor can populate with the campaign name when they request a new project?  For instance, the field name could read, "what campaign is this project associated with?"  Answer: Halloween

Then create a report based on the answer.  

Community Advisor

Agree, I think custom form field is the way to go and using that in various report filters, but a caveat is if you have several campaigns coming and going, maintaining a drop-down of campaign options would become untenable unless you only have a small number. If you have more or less set campaigns that would require little maintenance this is a viable option. You definitely don’t want an open text field here.

Also, have you considered the actual Campaigns feature in WF?

@user23456 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi, I agree with Madalyn, I'd create a drop-down list, that is what we use.  If additional campaigns are created during the year, I add them to the list, so you don't need to have a comprehensive list when you create the drop-down.  

Madalyn, I'm not familiar with the Campaigns feature.  I'll look into that. 

Thank  you.

Peggy 

Level 2

Yes, thought about doing it this way. The problem with this approach is we get new "campaigns" every week, and at any given point we may have 20-30 active campaigns. This would make the list cumbersome for the requestor to scroll through, and not sure if they would be able to select multiple entries, since one project could have multiple campaigns feeding into it. 

The problem with just leaving it as a free text field is users inputting:

Halloween

Hallo 

Halloween Campaign Brief

etc. 

Also maintaining those custom forms would be cumbersome on traffic/admin time. 

Community Advisor

For sure, I mentioned you definitely don't want to use a text field for that reason. And that if you have several campaigns, custom form field not easy to maintain.

Community Advisor

Struggling to find info. @NicholeVargas  I forget, did Campaigns get pulled? I know they came out, then had enhancements, then I think maybe is getting revisited now that I think of it?

Employee Advisor

Campaigns are part of the larger, Adobe Maestro initiative. It is a closed beta, however, more information will be released as it becomes available, or moves into a public beta or GA. 

For @Peggy85, I'd recommend following the suggestions of the other folks who responded by using a dropdown or multi-select custom field to "tag" projects. 

Level 2

Thank you, looking forward to learning more about the campaign options when it is rolled out. 

Level 3

We created a 'metatag' list and the user can select from a drop down field whatever is applicable. We have a prompt based report that allows others to search on it.