Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to report on cards contained in Boards?

Level 10

I know if it's drawn from an issue on a project, you can, by running an issue report. But if I create a card directly on a Board and it's not tied to a project, task or issue; how can I include that in a report? It's nowhere to be found in the API.

I've always said "Boards is a great way to circumvent using Workfront… while in Workfront." and this is a good example of that.

I like to put all of our admin projects in Boards because usually it's only 3 to 8 tasks, not enough to have to create a project. Instead, I create a tag for each admin project so they organise in Boards. However, I have not found a way to report on our accomplishments after thy're completed.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, to my knowledge there is no reporting capabilities on Boards yet but it seems every release they have Boards improvements...I wonder if Boards reporting will make its way into the elusive Canvas...
I guess in the interim you could just make projects with very few tasks, doesn't matter if a project has 3 or 30 tasks, right? Or you can have 1 project for admin projects and have subtasks of what you're now creating as Board cards to at least have these disparate few-task projects in 1 project.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, to my knowledge there is no reporting capabilities on Boards yet but it seems every release they have Boards improvements...I wonder if Boards reporting will make its way into the elusive Canvas...
I guess in the interim you could just make projects with very few tasks, doesn't matter if a project has 3 or 30 tasks, right? Or you can have 1 project for admin projects and have subtasks of what you're now creating as Board cards to at least have these disparate few-task projects in 1 project.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )