Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workfront enterprise SDLC phases

Level 2

Interested in knowing how Workfront enterprise pros approach the traditional SDLC phases, thinking of the basic DEV-QA/TESTING-STAGE-PROD steps.
How do newly developed features get QA'd outside of a dynamic Dev environment? Ie. move to QA where data & features are consistent and not under DEV to support use case testing.
Is there a stage environment concept in Workfront to support the orderly transistion to production on a work schedule?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @atheffernan007,

I invite you to consider our Packages solution, which enables you to efficiently select a set of related Workfront objects and/or data from one environment, save them, and then deploy them to another environment.

Packages can save an incredible amount of rework, and are particularly valuable for Workfront customers seeking a more efficient and controlled manner to manage migration between federated environments (e.g. Test > User Acceptance > Production).

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @atheffernan007,

I invite you to consider our Packages solution, which enables you to efficiently select a set of related Workfront objects and/or data from one environment, save them, and then deploy them to another environment.

Packages can save an incredible amount of rework, and are particularly valuable for Workfront customers seeking a more efficient and controlled manner to manage migration between federated environments (e.g. Test > User Acceptance > Production).

Regards,

Doug